sixty five

Harry

When I wake up in the morning, Andria is still fast asleep, her face buried in the pillow and her long hair splayed out around her head like a halo. She looks so calm and peaceful that I decide to leave her there while I drag myself into the bathroom to get ready for work.

After I've taken a shower and got changed into a fresh suit, I walk back into the bedroom to find Andria still hasn't moved from the position I left her in. I chuckle quietly as I do up my tie while I watch her, slowly making my way over to the bed and sitting on the edge of it.

"Andria?" I call out softly, brushing some hair out of her face. "Andria, wake up."

Her muscles tighten slightly as she stirs, letting out a small groan. "Mmm, no," she mutters incoherently. "I don't need to wake up. It's my day off."

"I know, I just thought you'd want to say bye to me before I go to work," I tell her, chuckling when she opens one eye, peering up at me with a tired look.

"Goodbye. Have a good day," she mumbles in between a collection of yawns.

I laugh at her again, my fingers stroking down the side of her warm cheek. "God, you really are tired," I observe and she nods. "I mean, I understand. This whole trying for a baby thing is quite fun."

She opens both of her eyes at my words, glancing up at me before looking away again. "Uh, yeah. It is," she says, her eyes moving down to my watch. "Shouldn't you be leaving now? It's almost 9."

"Oh shit. I better get going," I say once realising the time, leaning down to place a quick kiss on her lips before climbing off the bed. "I'll see you later. I love you."

"I love you too," she replies from the bed, her voice muffled again so she's obviously shoved her head back into the pillow. "Have a good day!"

"I will!" I call back to her as I speed-walk down the hallway, slipping on my shoes and grabbing my keys before heading out of the door.

I manage to get through all the hectic morning traffic and somehow get into work on time, nodding at a few people as I rush through the corridors and up to my floor. I head over to the reception area first, nodding hello to Nate. Last week, everyone thought I'd fire him because he shouted at one of the very important executives who made a comment about him being a male receptionist, but it actually just made me like him more.

"Morning, Harry," he greets me, halting his typing on the keyboard.

"Hey, Nate," I reply. "Do you have those files for me that I asked for yesterday?"

"Oh yeah, they're right here," he says, handing the folders over to me.

"Great, thanks. I'll see you later then," I say, tucking them under my arm and turning on my heel to head into my office.

"Oh, Harry," Nate calls after me. "There's someone in your office. Some woman."

"Did you not tell her that I'm too busy for visitors today?"

"Yes, but she said she's not leaving until you see her," Nate tells me, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. "Do you want me to call security?"

I shake my head. "No, that's ok. But thanks though. I'll sort it."

He nods and turns back to the computer while I walk over to my office with a sigh. I use my foot to kick open the door as I flick through the files in my hands, quickly scanning through them and kicking it shut behind me again as I walk inside.

"Hey, Harry."

My eyes flicker upwards at the voice, although they practically bulge out of my head when I find out the voice belongs to no other than Victoria. She's perched on the edge of my desk, one slender leg crossed over the other with a small smile on her face. A smile she seems to be directing at me.