sixty three

Andria

The next day, I'm up and showered by 8:30, my hair even washed and smelling faintly like passionfruit. After brushing my teeth, I spend about 5 minutes fixing my hair in the mirror, tying it up into a sleek ponytail and using pins to keep it in place. I'm just slipping in the last pin when the bathroom door is slowly pushed open, revealing Harry stood in the doorway wearing sweatpants, his hair a disheveled mess and his eyes squinting slightly from just waking up.

"What are you doing?" he asks, his voice coming out raspy and deep. He leans his body against the doorway as he peers at me curiously, scanning me up and down.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I reply, taking a step back from the mirror once I've finally finished my hair, turning to face him. "I'm going to work."

His eyes practically almost pop out of his skull at my words. "What?" he splutters in disbelief. "But....You can't."

"Yes I can," I reply firmly. "And I am."

I push past him to walk into the bedroom, grabbing the clothes I had already picked out. Harry stays in his position, stood in the doorway as he watches me get ready. I turn my back on him to ignore his judgemental stare.

I knew he would object to me going to work today, but it really has nothing to do with him. It's my decision, not his. From past experience, working is a great way to distract yourself from your thoughts. And to say I don't want to be left alone with my thoughts right now would be the understatement of the century.

Harry's gaze is still burning into my back as I continue to get dressed, I can feel it as I slip on a pair of tights, getting annoyed when the lining goes skew-whiff. I eventually fix it and then grab my tight black dress, pulling it on over the top. I reach behind me to do up the zip, sliding it up until it suddenly catches on something and won't go up anymore. I let out a frustrated huff, clenching my jaw as I try to desperately tug it up, even though half of me wants to give up and rip the bloody dress instead.

I reach behind me to try again, although I'm stopped by a large pair of hands placing themselves over my own, warm breath fanning against my neck. "Let me do it," Harry rasps softly.

I'm about to object but I decide to give in, letting out a small sigh instead. I place my hands on my hips as I wait for him to finish, feeling him tugging the zip a few times before he finally manages to get it up. A small chill shoots through me when he moves some of my hair out of the way, his fingers momentarily brushing against my skin to pull the zip right to the top.

"There," he murmurs once he's done. He takes his hands off my body but he remains where he is, stood close behind me so I can still feel his warmth. All I want to do is just melt into his arms, but I manage to compose myself, stepping away from him.

"Thanks," I say, reaching out to grab my lip balm from the bedside table and applying it onto my lips. When I turn back around again, I jump when I find Harry is still stood there, just staring at me. I push past him again, ignoring the stab of pain I feel inside my chest at the look on his face.

"Andria," he calls out my name softly, so softly that I can barely even hear him.

"I have to go to work, Harry," I tell him as I put in my earrings. I walk back over to the bed to grab my shoes, but I'm suddenly stopped by Harry gently grabbing hold of my arm, pulling me towards him.

"Please, baby," he begs me, our faces only inches apart now. I gulp heavily as he leans in closer, my eyes fluttering closed when he brushes his nose against mine. "I just want you to talk to me. Please."