sixty two

A.N.
I get many comments/messages on this book about how it's quite different to other fanfics people have read, people saying they like it because it's real/realistic. I always appreciate that because that is one of the things I intended when I started this book. Although I love the typical Harry au high school fics and such, I wanted to write a book exploring some less talked about themes, like marriage and divorce, stuff like that

Harry

It's the next weekend and Andria and I are both curled up on the couch. We were supposed to be watching a TV show together that she's been pestering me to watch for weeks, but then Andria cuddled up into me and fell asleep on my chest, where she's remained for the past hour or so.

She looks so peaceful and adorable that I didn't have the heart to wake her at first, but now my arm is beginning to ache a little. After letting her sleep for a while longer, I stretch my arm out to grab the remote, switching off the TV, silence spreading across the room. I glance down at Andria again, moving my lips close to her ear and brushing some of her hair out of her face.

"Andria?" I call out quietly, gently nudging her. "Andria, wake up."

She lets out a small groan as she stirs slightly, clearly not wanting to follow my demands. Her head buries further into my chest, although her eyes eventually open after a while, glancing up at me groggily.

"What?" she asks between a yawn, an annoyed frown on her face.

"I was just wondering, do you want to go to sleep in an actual bed?" I ask her with a slight laugh. "I mean, if you don't that's fine, but I think it'd be more comfortable. Just my opinion."

She blinks up at me, clearly half asleep as she takes a while to register my question before nodding. "Yeah. A bed sounds nice," she says, although she makes no effort to get up or even pull away from me.

I let out a small chuckle, a smile stretching onto my lips as I gaze down at her. "Do you want me to carry you to bed, princess?"

She hums against my chest, but doesn't make an effort to reply. I just shake my head at her in amusement before slowly standing up from the couch, having to untangle Andria from me in the process. She lets out a groan at the loss of warmth and buries her head into the pillows, but I reach down and easily scoop her off the couch into my arms.

Seeming content in my grip, she lets out a soft sigh as she snuggles into me again. I tighten my hold on her body as I slowly walk down the hall towards our bedroom, switching off the lights as I go. When I reach the bedroom door, I take one hand away to push it open, holding it with my foot as I walk into the room.

Andria is practically already asleep again as I carry her over to the bed, hanging onto her with one arm as I use the other to pull down the covers. I gently place her down onto the mattress, her hair hitting the pillow and fanning out around her, making her look like an angel. My angel.

My lips arch into a loving smile as I look down at her, and I can't help but place a soft kiss onto her forehead before reaching for the covers again, pulling them over her sleeping body. I get myself ready and then join her in the bed a few minutes later, sliding under the covers. I immediately move myself closer to her, wanting to give her some of my warmth but also craving the comfort of hers too.

——————-

I must not have been asleep for very long, because when I'm woken up by a voice calling my name, it feels like I've barely slept at all. I ignore the voice at first, thinking it's just part of a dream or something. However, I feel myself being brought out of my slumber as I continue to hear my name being called in a tone that sounds almost frantic.