sixty one

A.N.
we hit 700k!

Andria

I'm curled up in bed, propped up against the pillows and laying on my side as that's the only position I actually find comfortable these days. I'm not trying to get to sleep, I couldn't anyway because the bedroom light is still on and the TV in the corner is still playing on low volume.

I'm biting my lip, nibbling it anxiously as I listen to Harry in the bathroom. I can still hear him, even though the door is firmly closed. He's not exactly slamming things around and causing a ruckus, but he's being a lot louder than he usually would be, clearly communicating that he's angry.

After about ten more minutes of him rummaging around in the bathroom and me sitting in turmoil on the bed, the door finally opens and Harry appears in the doorway. However, he doesn't even look at me. He climbs straight into his side of the bed without a word, reaching out to turn off his bedside lamp, leaving mine providing the only light in the room.

I let out a small sigh, reaching up to rake a hand through my hair. My eyes glance down at Harry, although I can hardly see his face because he's lying with his back to me, obviously intent on ignoring me. I nibble my nails anxiously for a while, the heavy silence in the room enough to drive me crazy.

"Are you mad at me?" I finally ask, my voice sounding pathetically meek and quiet, but I can't help it.

Harry doesn't reply straight away, although I hear him moving around slightly as he tries to get into a comfortable position. I watch him in anticipation, continuing to bite my lip as I wait for him to answer.

"You said no to my marriage proposal, why on earth would I be mad?" Harry eventually replies, although his voice is practically dripping with sarcasm.

"Harry," I plead, reaching out to touch his shoulder but he tenses up, not letting me. My heart sinks and I feel a sting of rejection shoot through me, creeping it's way up into my throat. "Harry, please. Talk to me."

He lets out a annoyed sigh. "Why should I talk to you when you won't even give me a reason?"

"I-I told you, I just......We can't."

"That's not a reason."

I run both hands down my face in frustration. "Ok, fine. You want a reason? I think it's too soon."

This must capture Harry's attention because he suddenly turns around on his side to face me, his eyebrows pulled low over his eyes. "Too soon?" he echoes, almost laughing. "Andria, you are pregnant with our baby. I mean, that's assuming it's even true. Is it?"

My mouth drops open slightly. "Of course it's true!"

"Well then why are you so reluctant?" Harry asks me. "Don't you want our baby to be born into a happy home, with two married parents?"

"Of course I want that, but parents don't need to be married anymore," I say and Harry rolls his eyes. "We're in the 21st century now."

"I understand your point, but I thought we were in a good place."

"We are," I reassure him.

"Then why did you say no?"

"Because...." I pause, momentarily closing my eyes out of frustration. "Harry, you're not even completely divorced from Victoria yet."

He lets out another sigh, shaking his head in disbelief. "I told you, my lawyer's still sorting it all out. All I need to do is sign the papers when she gets them again. It's as good as done."