➤ reunion

"𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 (𝐍/𝐍), I gotta go now!" Bachira stroked (M/n)'s hair while bidding his goodbyes. Rin, who was still inside the bush, cringed at the nickname as it was only used by him and his brother. "Don't forget to practice the dribbling I taught you and be a good boy; don't talk to strangers, 'kay?"

"Okay!" (M/n) nodded like a little child, eager to go back to what he previously doing.

After Bachira finally went inside his own house, (M/n) turned his attention back to the soccer ball. He started doing the tricks Bachira taught him earlier with the ball and ran all across his front yard.

He was surprised, though, when out of no where, a foot came from the side and stole the ball from his possession.

"Wah- Hey!" (M/n) frowned at the person who had his back turned to him.

The unknown person stopped the ball with his foot and spoke, "How lukewarm." He turned his head around, revealing his beautiful slim, teal eyes. "But that's expected from you."

(M/n)'s eyes widened at this. Was this really who he thought it was? It had to be! The eyes clearly gave it away. But still, since when did his voice sound this cold and emotionless?

Rin cleared his throat as he fully turned around, completely exposing himself now, to get (M/n)'s attention back. He opened his arms wide, with, for the first time in a long time, a smile on his face.

(M/n) knew it just had to be him now and what he said next confirmed this.

"Well, you gonna hug me (N/n) or not?"

At this, (M/n) practically jumped into his arms. He wrapped his arms around his neck as the taller male had a tight grip on (M/n)'s waist, as if not wanting to let him go.

"Rinnie, I missed you so much.."

"Not as much as I missed you, (N/n)."

"How did you even find me?" (M/n) lifted his head from Rin's neck to stare him in the eyes. Rin internally sweat dropped at the question. Of course he didn't want to tell him that he followed him. He didn't want (M/n) to view him as a stalker of some sort.

"I was just passing by and I...uh, saw you out here playing."

"Oh! So where's Sae?" (M/n) wiggled out of Rin's tight grip and looked left and right for the male's older brother.

Rin visibly tensed at the question. He was still heartbroken, having being left, not only by the love of his life, but by his brother as well.

(M/n) took note of this and quickly spoke again. "Did something happen? We don't have to talk about him if you don't want to!"

"It's just a long story." Rin sighed while closing his eyes. Flashbacks of that day danced through his mind.

"Well," (M/n) plopped on the grass and sat in a crisscrossed position. "I have more than enough time." He smiled, patting the empty spot on the grass.

Rin couldn't help a small blush overtake his cheeks. He thought the male looked adorable at the moment.

"After you left, Sae and I won many games together. We were set out for him to be the best and I would be the second best, but he got scouted to play in the inferiors of the Real Madrid."

"Really?!" (M/n) said, "That's good, right?"

Rin chuckled darkly before continuing the story. "When he came back he made a decision to master a different role in soccer. I couldn't help but to think he was betraying our promise, so I challenged him to a game and told him if I won he would continue being a striker, but I....I lost. Sae isn't the same anymore (N/n)...and I know I'm probably being dramatic, but I want my revenge."

"I don't think revenge is the answer, Rinnie." (M/n) spoke quietly. He didn't really know how to respond after taking in all that.

"Oh yeah? Then what is?" Rin questioned, staring right back at the boy.

(M/n) sighed deeply, wanting the topic to be changed already. "I'm playing soccer now!" (M/n) stood up and grabbed the ball.

Rin followed suit and crossed his arms. "I can see. Too bad you suck."

(M/n)'s eye twitched as he took a deep breath in to try to calm himself down. "I'm just saying, if you want to improve I could help you." Rin offered, shrugging his shoulders.

"You would do that?!" A sweet and flowery aura filled (M/n) as he smiled his goofy smile at his friend.

"Of course I would, you're my best friend." Rin spoke the obvious as he took the ball that was in (M/n)'s hands and placed it on the ground. "Now, let's get started."

══════════════《 ⚽ 》══════════════

        𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐘 (M/n) was tired would be an understatement. Rin worked him to no end. After the long training from him, (M/n) collapsed on the ground as Rin stared him down. "You never change, do you?" He smirks.

"W-What do you mean?" (M/n) spoke, taking in deep breaths every few seconds.

"Just like when we were kids, you're weak." Rin laid down on the grass with him and stared at the sky. "But that just makes me want to protect you."

(M/n) irked as he sat up and glared at Rin. "I don't need protection!"

"Sure you don't. You'll never make it in the soccer world if you continue playing like this."

"Says you." (M/n) mumblds, turning away from him, but unfortunately Rin heard this. "What did you say?" He tackled (M/n) and started tickling him mercilessly.

(M/n) laughed hard, trying to pry Rin off of him, but he was stronger than him. And so (M/n) had no choice but continue suffering.

But one thing was for certain, the two best friends, or love birds, whichever you like, were finally reunited after such a long time.

NEXT CHAPTER: NEW SCHOOL

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

the stalker's reveal !!