➤ first selection ii.

𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 Team V were out on the field, waiting for their opposing team to arrive.

(M/n) was mindlessly staring off in space, with Reo playing with strands of his hair. Meanwhile, Nagi had his arms crossed, staring at the door with a bored face. He wanted to get the match done so he could cuddle back up with (M/n).

Eventually, Team Y walked through the automatic doors. Reo stopped playing with (M/n)'s hair and Nagi uncrossed his arms. While (M/n) snapped his head in their direction and examined them.

There wasn't really any players that stood out to him besides one guy with black fluffy hair that covered his eyes like bangs.

(M/n) stared at him in awe as both teams started getting ready for the match.

Everyone got in their formations with (M/n) being center forward and Nagi and Reo on either side of him.

Team V started with the ball first and then the whistle blew, indicating that the game had begun. Immediately, Reo passed the ball to (M/n) who caught it and dribbled his way to the goal zone.

Two people ran up to (M/n) and tried to tackle the ball out of his possession, but (M/n) dodged without any effort and passed it to Reo.

"Reo, here!"

"Nice pass!"

Reo got possession of the ball and kicked it towards Nagi, who caught it with ease, his face looked as if he wanted to be anywhere but here.

(M/n), being the great egoist he is, ran straight towards the goal, wanting to get the first one. He briefly looked towards Nagi, and fortunately, he understood the assignment.

Although Nagi was a pretty long distance away from (M/n), he kicked it anyways, knowing (M/n) would still reach it.

(M/n) ran to catch the ball the same time the male with bangs came running to take it instead.

The other male honestly thought he had it in the bag with him being bigger than (M/n). He thought his physique was much greater than him. That was until (M/n) picked up his pace and instead of catching the ball first, he immediately twisted his body, kicking the ball into the goal.

"Score!!" (M/n) jumped up with joy and ran to hug Nagi who welcomed him with open arms. "Did you see my cool shot?! You passed it like SHWOOSH and I was like BAM!"

"Yeah, it was great." Nagi pet (M/n)'s head affectionately as Reo walked over to the two of them.

"That was a very cool shot, but let's win, then we can celebrate, okay?"

"Right!" (M/n) jumped off Nagi and gave Reo a thumbs up, a smile completing his innocent look.

"And if you score the most points you can get your phone back, you know?" Reo added, nudging Nagi's arms.

"Really?"

Reo nodded in response with a slight smile.

"Then let's get this match over with."

"Yeah!" (M/n) leaped up in the air going back to his position.

Across the field, a certain male stared at (M/n) through his bangs, taking in all of his movements with his eyes.

"So this is (M/n) Hinata..." He whispered to no one in particular.

══════════════《 ⚽ 》══════════════

        𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐋, 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 goal, after goal. Before long, Team V had scored 8 goals, while Team Y scored none. (M/n) couldn't contain his excitement. He worked so hard on the field and yet he still wanted to play some more.

The speaker went off announcing Team V's win and other things, but (M/n) wasn't listening. He jumped up in the air by using Nagi and Reo's shoulder.

"We won!!"

"Yeah." Reo laughed, wiping the sweat from his face with his small towel.

"Can I go get my phone back now?" Nagi asked impatiently.

"After you take a bath."

Nagi sighed, taking (M/n)'s hand in his own, leading him out the door with Reo following.

(M/n) glanced behind him briefly only to see all of Team Y sulking in defeat. Not being able to score any points at all was kind of depressing.

(M/n)'s eyes softened for a second, before he grinned. This soccer gig really brought out something different in him.

══════════════《 ⚽ 》══════════════

        𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄! By the time the 5th day came, Rin started getting worried. 'Where is (M/n)?' was the only question running through his mind as he trained and played his first match.

He couldn't believe it. After years of searching for him, he had finally found him; only for him to leave him again.

Rin knew that (M/n) was 100% in this 'Blue Lock Project.' He did train the boy after all. He just wanted to figure what building and team he was in.

"Fuck," Rin mumbled to himself, still wide awake even though it was half past midnight. "I kind of miss him.."

NEXT CHAPTER: FIRST SELECTION III.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

i'm trying not to make (m/n) immediately op-