➤ introduction vii.

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 meals were over with, (M/n) and Bachira made their way back to Room Z to sleep. Bachira placed his mattress right next to (M/n). He wanted to be as close to (M/n) as possible before he left him.

(M/n) didn't seem to mind Bachira's clinginess, though. In fact, he embraced it. Allowing Bachira to hug his waist, with their legs being tangled into each other.

(M/n) dozed off long ago, but Bachira on the other hand, remained wide awake. The same could be said about Isagi, who was on the other side of (M/n).

A few seconds later, Isagi quietly got up and rushed to the door. Bachira smirked slightly, kissing (M/n)'s forehead and running after him.

Isagi was in the hallway when Bachira threw a ball at him. "Isagi~ Training alone?"

"Ah-"

"Mind if I join ya?"

"Sure-" Bachira smiled and walked over to him, picking up the soccer ball. "1 on 1."

══════════════《 ⚽ 》══════════════

        (𝐌/𝐍) 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 up from the loud noise. The speaker went off claiming that there were new rankings now. Everyone sat up and checked their ranks. (M/n) was still tired to lift his arm up, so he waited a few minutes to check his rank.

Finally, getting enough energy, he raised his arm slightly to see his rank that said, 221V. Not only had the number changed, but the letter did too. He sure was gonna miss Bachira.

'Wait, where is Bachira-'

Before he could question Bachira's disappearance any further, him and Isagi walked through the door. "Ah, Isagi! Check it out! I've moved up a bunch from rank 300!" Igarashi exclaimed, showing his arm to Isagi. "See? 275th!"

"Huh? That's great!" Isagi replied, though half of him didn't give a shit.

"You too! Look!" Isagi peered down at his arm and smiled at his new rank. "Oh, 274th!"

"What's your new rank, (N/n)?" Bachira asked, Isagi also leaned in on the conversation. "Oh, uh, 221V." Bachira pouted and Isagi frowned. Neither of them wanted (M/n) to leave.

"Aw, man! You're really going to Team V, huh?"

"I guess so!"

Isagi was about to say something, but the screen went on, revealing Ego. They all turned their attention towards him. "Ya ya nice work, unpolished gems. Are you enjoying your life at 'Blue Lock'?"

"You've got to be kidding!" Raichi yelled up at the screen. "'Enjoying' my ass! How are we going to get better in a shitty environment like this?!"

"The reason your environment is so shitty is because of the shitty way you play. Get it, dumbass?"

Raichi gritted his teeth while (M/n) put a hand over his mouth to contain his laughter. Sure, he found Ego to be scary at times, but he have his moments.

"Now...let's talk about 'Blue Lock' for a bit."

'Oh no. More annoying, long speeches. I should just go to sleep while I have the chance.' (M/n) thought to himself, laying his head back down on his pillow, and staring lazily at the screen.

"This facility is separated into 5 blocks. All teams, B-Z, are split into groups of 5 per compound to live together. To add to this, 1 player per team was kicked out during the 'oni game,' leaving the remaining total of you at 275."