➤ u-20 ii.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 sucked. It was gruesome and hot. Once (M/n) finished doing the training ladder several times, he collapsed next to Chigiri, who was on the ground next to Bachira and Isagi.

(M/n) carefully leaned into Chigiri, who smiled softly at the boy and played with his hair lovingly. "Tired?" (M/n) only nodded while taking a huge sip from his water bottle.

"You train well for a shrimp." Bachira teased with a playful giggle. (M/n) rolled his eyes and threw his water bottle at him, earning a pout out of the other male.

Chigiri then pulled out a paper he was reading earlier and showed it to the others. "So these four will make up the U-20's defense line. According to Ego's info, a huge 19-year-old defender has already got an offer to play for a Serie-A Italian team. Looks like the team's centered around this guy Aiku, focusing on a strong defense and quick counters."

(M/n) peered over Chigiri's shoulder to take a look at the guy. "Are we sure he's 19?" The male nonchalantly spoke. "He looks like a grown man."

Isagi clasped a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing while Bachira let his laugh out freely. Chigiri choked several times before staring back at the (h/c) male. "(M/n), you can't just say that-" (M/n) only shrugged, not understanding what he said wrong.

"So," Isagi said after calming down. "They're a defensive team?"

"Big deal," Bachira waved off with a yawn. "All we gotta do is break through them."

"Well, yeah, but still. They're an elite team that's supposed to be made up of the best players under 20 in Japan. They call them the 'Diamond Generation.' That's what we'll be facing with our amped-up offense. It won't be an easy game, by any means."

"So, we just got to break through, right?" Bachira repeated once more, making Isagi deadpan at him. "Bachira, dude, you're starting to sound like a broken record."

"But we just gotta break through!" (M/n) and Chigiri chuckled at their friend while Isagi started to go crazy.

Just then, the speaker went off, and a voice was heard. "The morning session is over. Please begin your break."

"Oh, finally!" (M/n) stood up and grabbed his water bottle. "I'm gonna go get a refill." Isagi stood up as well, holding his bottle. "I'll go with you. I need a refill, too."

As the two walked through the hallways, (M/n) conversed with his friend. He talked and talked and talked, ranting about any and everything. It's too bad Isagi was in his own world to hear it.

"Hey, Yoichi, I feel like you're not listening to me," (M/n) pouted slightly, crossing his arms over his chest.

Isagi's eyes widened as he quickly apologized. "I'm sorry! I was thinking about the game."

"You're nervous, right?"

"Well-"

"It's okay!" (M/n) cut him off. He slung his arm over Isagi's shoulder and pulled him to his level as if to whisper something top-secret. "I'm nervous, too."

Isagi's face burst into shades of red as (M/n) let him go. His heart was beating at an unreal pace. He mentally slapped and cursed himself, hating how flustered he gets whenever (M/n) touches him.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the (h/c) boy, who held a huge smile and pointed at someone in the gym.

"Rinnie!!" (M/n) ran over to him and hugged him quickly. Rin patted the boy's back, a small smile beginning to form on his lips, but that all stopped when he saw Isagi appear.

"Dude, it's time for a break," Isagi said. "Take a breather."

"Don't lump me in with the likes of you. If you're just here to get in my way, get the hell out of here, Isagi."

"Hey, Rin, he's right," (M/n) frowned at Rin's rudeness. "You've trained enough. Let's go rest. If you keep this up, you might hurt yourself."

"If I break down from this, that just means that's all I was ever gonna amount to...I can finally fight him...my brother, Itoshi Sae...I can crush him, surpass him...how I have longed for this very moment."

Rin's eyes grew dark. He kept pushing himself on the exercise equipment until, eventually, he collapsed back in the chair, breathing hard.

(M/n) was by his sides in seconds, he held out his water bottle to give to him. "I just refilled it. Drink, Rin."

"Don't need it." Rin huffed heavily, gasping for air.

Isagi, having enough of Rin, walked up to him with a glare. "Thing is, if you get hurt, that'd present a problem. And I don't want any fucking problems. So drink."

Rin rolled his eyes and took the bottle from (M/n), taking a long sip. "It's lukewarm."

"Shut up."

NEXT CHAPTER: U-20 III.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PLS PLS PLS POINT OUT ANY GRAMMAR MISTAKES