➤ first selection xiii.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐂𝐊 off started as soon as the whistle blew. (M/n), who had the ball, passed it over to Reo who caught it perfectly and started running.

Isagi and Bachira, however, had plans of stopping the purple-haired male. Ganging up on him, they tried their best to mark him tightly.

Isagi watched Reo intently as he swiftly kicked his leg to the side to pass. It was just as he had studied. When he can't go forward, he'll look for (M/n). And that's exactly who caught it.

(M/n) briefly took in his surroundings. There was a perfect shot in the upper left-hand corner of the goal, and with his skills, he was sure he would make it. Though, he still didn't want to take any chances since Raichi and Naruhaya were in his way.

'Hm, I'll go to you, Shiro!'

Isagi stared in amusement. It was just as he interpreted. "Igaguri!" He yelled out.

"Yeah!"

Nagi was aiming to get the ball, but to his surprise, Igarashi beat him to it, headbutting it over to Isagi. (M/n)'s eyes widened in amusement at the lowest-ranked male.

"Pick that shit up, Isagi!"

"Alright!" Isagi yelled, catching the ball with his foot. "Bachira!" He passed the ball to the said male, who caught it with much ease.

"Hop! Coming right up~"

He dribbled his way past a player on the opposing side and then craned his leg back for a long pass.

"No way..." (M/n) choked on air. "A hyper-long pass from the corner?! So cool!" You could see some stars in his eyes as he spoke. "Come on, (M/n). Focus." Reo snapped at him.

"Right, right!"

"'Kay, that one's yours Gagamaru!" Bachira called out.

(M/n) whipped his head to see Gagamaru running for the ball. Then, out of nowhere, he jumped forward, headbutting the ball into the goal. It was pretty cool to see, but it hit the bar and went out. Shame.

Everyone on Team Z looked a little dejected at the missed shot, but still, the fact that they were that close to scoring a point against the strongest team boosted their confidence.

While Team Z congratulated Gagamaru on the near shot, (M/n) smiled cheekily at Reo and Nagi. Reo stared right back at him with a huge smile.

"Wow!! Ain't that a sight to see?!" Reo said, loud enough for Team Z to hear. "Hey (M/n), Nagi, let's do that now!"

"Yeah!" (M/n) answered excitedly, practically jumping up in the air.

"Huh? I'd rather not..."

"Eh? Please Shiro!" (M/n) pouted, something he knew Nagi couldn't resist. "I'll let you score it if you want!"

Nagi sighed as Reo kicked the ball much similar to Bachira's pass. Isagi was shocked to see this. It was something he never expected.

"It's spinning so damn fast!" Gagamaru exclaimed. "The margin for getting the ball is even slimmer than mine was!"

(M/n) and Nagi started sprinting for the ball. (M/n) glanced at Nagi quickly and they both nodded. (M/n) craned his neck up where the ball was. Sure, it was a little high, but that was no problem.

He bent downwards before leaping into the air, trapping the ball with his foot. Some stared in awe, completely mesmerized by how a short boy like (M/n) could jump that high in the air.

Isagi was taken aback. Yes, he was aware of amazing (M/n) was, but he didn't know he was THIS amazing.

While (M/n) had the ball trapped in the air, in a quick move he passed it to Nagi who immediately scored it in the goal.