➤ first selection vi.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 half began and (M/n), thanks to Reo, was feeling all pumped up. He stepped back on the field and played like a totally different person.

Scoring goal, after goal, he somewhat impressed Barou. Especially when he was able to steal the ball from him and charge right past his muscular figure. Maybe he had underestimated him.

With 10 seconds remaining and (M/n) having current possession of the ball, Barou knew it was all over with and he had lost.

(M/n) jumped up with joy and immediately ran over to Reo, who had a huge smile on his face.

"You did so good (M/- whoa-!" Reo said startled when (M/n) jumped on top of him, making them both fall on the ground.

"Thank you, Reo." (M/n) snuggled his head in the boy's neck.

Reo blushed furiously, but tried to play it cool. "Hm? For what exactly, my love?"

"For the encouragement, duh! I wouldn't of been able to do it without your words."

"Ah, it was nothing, really!"

Nagi walked over to the duo and crossed his arms, slightly glaring at (M/n). "I want a hug too. No fair."

(M/n) chuckled while getting off of Reo, giving Nagi his hug since he was such a clingy person nowadays.

Nagi didn't hesitate to wrap his big arms around (M/n)'s tiny figure. "Good job, (M/n)...you beat that selfish dick."

Reo gasped loudly and smack Nagi's head. "Don't say such words in front of (M/n)--!"

"Sorry...? That hurt by the way..."

(M/n) giggled at the two of them and shook his head, letting go of Nagi. "I'm not five, Reo."

"Yeah, but--" Reo sighed, rubbing his temples. "It just wouldn't feel right if you went and repeated them."

"Okay, Reo," (M/n) chuckled softly. "Come on. I wanna get in that public bath place again!!" (M/n) said running off.

"Again? (M/n), wait up--"

"Reo, carry me. Walking is beginning to be a hassle..."

══════════════《 ⚽ 》══════════════

        𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 match with Team X, Ego appeared on the screen stating that their final match would be postponed until the day after tomorrow, which (M/n) was happy about.

So, he traded his points to go outside for the day, not telling Reo and Nagi, knowing they would want to tag along. He just really wanted some "me-time."

Now, it was night time and Nagi was already asleep. Meanwhile, Reo had (M/n) placed in between his legs as he gently brushed his hair with a brush.

"There, all done. Happy now?"

"Yeah, thanks Reo!" (M/n) smiled at him.

Reo sighed and watched (M/n) leave him. "You know, you have a beautiful smile, (M/n)."

"Huh?" (M/n) blushed at the sudden compliment. "That was so random, Reo." He rubbed his nape in a nervous manner.

"I know." Reo positioned himself in a comfortable spot on his bed and pulled the covers over him.

Taking notice of (M/n) still standing figure, he asked, "Aren't you going to sleep, love?" He yawned at the end of his sentence.

"Yeah! I will! I'll just be right back!" (M/n) answered, running towards the door.

"Oh- Okay, but if you're not back in less than 30 minutes, I'm coming to look for you."

"'Kay, 'kay!"

══════════════《 ⚽ 》══════════════

        (𝐌/𝐍) 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 down the hallways with slightly heavy eyes. He was headed to the monitoring room to view his original team because in reality, he kind of missed them. Especially Bachira.

With his head all in a cloud, he didn't see the person that was walking on the opposite side from him until he came in contact with the big chest.

"Watch where you're going, (M/n)." The person spoke coldly.

"Ah, sorry--" (M/n) lifted up his head to see the person he bumped into, only to be very surprised at who it was. "Shoei Barou, right?! Hi again!"

"Tch, whatever. I was actually looking for you."

"Oh, why's that?" He blinked his eyes curiously. Barou took a deep sigh and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I can see why people are so fond over you now. You're not half bad. But I still remain the king of the field, understand?"

(M/n) nodded and put his thumb up with a smile. "Gotcha!"

An unknown blush slowly but surely started to form on Barou's cheek as he continued talking. "With that being said, you should be my queen."

"Your queen?" (M/n) was more than confused by what he said. He pointed to himself to make sure he really meant him. "Me?"

"I figured....a king needs his queen, no?"

"I guess so, but why me?"

Barou huffed and started walking away. "Just because you're not like the other donkeys here."

(M/n) watched Barou walk away until he was fully out of his sight. He didn't exactly know what Barou meant but he figured it had to be something good since he didn't call him a donkey.

Once (M/n) finally made it to his destination, he walked in. Surprisingly, someone was already there.

He squinted his eyes at the figure that was sitting in a crisscrossed position. Examining the long reddish-pink hair further, he recognized who that was.

"Hyoma!!" He rushed over there and tackled him into a hug.

"Oh, (M/n)...it's just you." Chigiri said, blushing at their sudden closeness.

"I missed you! How's Meguru? And Yoichi? Oh, and Kunigami?! Also, Raichi?! And Gagamaru!!?How are they?!"

"One question at a time." He chuckled softly at (M/n)'s excited state. "They're all doing fine, though. Well...besides Bachira. He keeps begging Ego to let him visit with you. I think something is wrong with him."

Upon hearing this, (M/n) burst out laughing. "Yeah, that sounds like something he would do." He got off of Chigiri and plopped down next to him. "So whatcha doing in here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Chigiri grinned at the (h/c) male.

"Well, I guess I just missed Team Z and wanted to see how much they improved." (M/n) shrugged and turned towards the monitor. "Ooh, is this Yoichi?! Whoa, he looks so badass!"

Chigiri quieted and curled up in a ball. "Yeah..."

(M/n) was about to speak again, when the door suddenly opened.

"Ah, speak of the devil!"

NEXT CHAPTER: FIRST SELECTION VII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

aint got no tears left to cry