➤ first selection v.

𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌 V and Team X were standing on opposite sides of each other on the field. Nagi and Reo were currently stretching while (M/n) stared blankly at a male on Team X that stood out to him the most. He was glaring dangerously at (M/n) who stared back unfazed.

(M/n) could already tell by his aura that he would be difficult to deal with, but he liked the challenge nonetheless.

"You ready, (M/n)?" Reo asked him, tying his hair into a small ponytail.

With a big grin, (M/n) nods his head excitingly. "Yup! Let's win! Right Shiro?"

"Hm, yeah."

As soon as the whistle blew, Nagi kicked the ball to (M/n) who immediately caught it and took off running.

He was going to pass to Reo, but the same male that was glaring at him appeared on the side of him and tried stealing the ball.

"You think you're so good, huh (M/n)?"

"Wha--?"

In one swift move, the ball was stolen out of (M/n)'s possession.

"I'll show you who's the real king here." He said coldly, running to Team V's goal.

"ALRIGHT BAROU!"

"NICE JOB!" His teammates yelled, following behind him.

Meanwhile (M/n) stood there confused and shocked about what happened.

'Who was that...and how did he know my name...?'

"Snap out of it, (M/n)!" Reo yelled, chasing after Barou.

"O-Oh, right. Sorry!"

(M/n) thought that he could catch up with this Barou guy and stop him from scoring, thinking that he wasn't in his shooting range yet. 

However, before he could, the male aimed his leg back and kicked the ball with a lot of force, scoring a goal.

"Damn it! Sorry guys, this was my fault!" (M/n) sighed in frustration.

Nagi came over and put a hand on his shoulder. "That guy just got beginners luck. Don't worry 'bout it."

"Beginners luck you say?" The guy suddenly popped up out of no where.

"It's not like you'll be able to get past (M/n) again." Nagi crossed his arms.

He chuckled, copying Nagi's actions. "You wanna bet, you fucking donkey?"

"Su--"

"Haha, no he doesn't." Reo puts a hand over Nagi's mouth and pulls him behind him. "He's just joking!"

"Tch, whatever." He then turned his attention to (M/n) who was barely even listening. "Shoei Barou."

"Huh?"

"Don't forget it. That's the name of the guy who'll defeat you today." Barou shot Nagi and Reo a quick glare before retreating back to his team.

"Alright! Bye-bye, Barou! And good luck!" He waved, with a closed eye smile.

"Don't be nice to the enemy, (M/n)." Nagi said, taking him by his arm.

"Ah--"

The game then restarted and Nagi kicked it to (M/n) again. The latter noticed Barou was already charging at full speed towards him and it kind of freaked him out.

He deciding on kicking it to Reo instead of facing Barou head on again.

Once Reo got possession of the ball, he passed to Nagi and they traded passes back and forth. (M/n) was planning on joining them, but he couldn't due to the fact that Barou was marking him.

It got on his nerves.

"I know I'm cute, but do you have to get this close?" (M/n) snickered in tempts of pissing off Baro.

Baro, however, remained unfazed by his comment and continued to block his way of getting passes. "I'll be the first person to beat you, which will make me greater."

"If you say so."

(M/n) tried pushing through Barou, but due to him being much larger than him, he failed. (M/n) gritted his teeth in annoyance. Just who was this Shoei Barou guy?

Taking notice of (M/n)'s challenge between Barou, Nagi gave (M/n) a quick glance. It was as if his eyes were telling him what to do.

(M/n) nodded slightly and took off running in the opposite direction of Baro and Nagi kicked the ball. It was a perfect, high up pass that (M/n) was sure to retrieve.

"Oh no you don't." Barou appeared, right on (M/n)'s trail. "A battle of who can reach it first. Easy."

"I swear to god, you're acting like a pimple I can't get rid of..!" (M/n) whispered to himself.

Both males then jumped up in the air. (M/n) would have got it, if Baro hadn't of extended his hand in front of his eyes, completely blocking his vision.

"What the-?!"

Baro got the ball first and started running to the goal, leaving (M/n) to fall on the ground.

"(M/n)!!" Reo yelled.

"Ah, don't worry about me! Just stop Bar-"

GOAL !!

Baro had scored another goal once again. And now the whistle blew, meaning the first half was over.

Inside the locker room, (M/n) slammed his fist into a locker, causing everyone's attention to be on him.

Reo quickly walked over and rubbed his back affectionately. "Hey, what's wrong, love?" He whispered softly.

"Nothing. I'm fine." (M/n) mumbled, shooing Reo's hands away and taking a seat on the bench next to Nagi.

"That's clearly a lie." Reo crossed his arms, watching (M/n)'s every move.

(M/n) sighed deeply for a while, looking down at the ground. "Do I really suck this bad?" (M/n) hated to lose and being the sensitive boy he is, his eyes started turning glossy.

"(M/n)..." Reo walked over to him and knelt down to his level. Placing both hands on his cheeks, forcing him to look at him, he said, "You're the best here in all of Blue Lock. You don't suck at all."

"Then why are we two points behind..?" (M/n) softly said, wanting to avoid Reo's gaze.

"That guy was just getting in your head is all." Nagi spoke up. "You're far greater than him. Anybody could tell you that." He shrugged.

"Nagi's right." Reo smiled lovingly. "We're bound to win this game. And you know why? Because we have you."

NEXT CHAPTER: FIRST SELECTION VI.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

wth??? why are MY eyes tearing up a bit-