27 : i can't stop loving you

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"where were you last night?"

the question was direct and uncomplicated in its wording. the absence of any hint of doubt or skepticism in the question should have made it easier for taehyung to deceive the person asking. but despite this, taehyung could feel a chill running through his body and making him shiver, as if the question had somehow affected him deeply.

the events of last night rushed to his head as he focused on the frying pan, making the eggs and taking time in answering the question bogum asked who sat at the dining table, staring at taehyung's back.

"my old school friends wanted to catch up so they planned a get-together. it got late, i returned after midnight. you were already asleep" taehyung lied through his teeth. he was relieved that he was not looking at bogum at the time. taehyung doubted that he could muster the courage to lie to bogum if he had to look him in the eyes.

he was just so fucking guilty.

he expected bogum to nitpick and ask more but he never did any of that.

"i hope you enjoyed your time. you should go out often, it must be suffocating staying with me. especially at night"

taehyung halted, his heart sinking from hearing those words. he turned to look at bogum who was drinking his tea while facing the other way - almost as if, he didn't want to show his face to the brunette.

taehyung concentrated on the pan and clenched his teeth, pressing them against his lower lip. his eyes filled with tears, and he struggled to hold them back - he feels so fucking guilty.

once he finished preparing the rest of the breakfast, he took a seat at the table across from bogum. bogum's gaze was lowered as he stared down at his nearly finished cup of tea.

the atmosphere between them was uncomfortable and they sensed a distance they had never experienced before, even during difficult times. the silence was overwhelming, causing discomfort and making it difficult to endure.

"are you not gonna look at me?" taehyung didn't know why he asked that. why he even dared to start a conversation with his husband after he did such a disgusting thing last night.

"won't that make you uncomfortable?" bogum slowly trailed his gaze up at taehyung who looked at him with a rather melancholic look in his eyes - as if he was this close to tearing up.

does even looking at me make you cry? bogum wondered.

"you never thought about my comfort before, did you?"

letting out a dry chuckle, bogum looked away again.

"you're right. i have always been a selfish bastard"