29 : did i lose you ?

a very long chapter

a very long chapter. enjoy ♡

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

it took taehyung some time to move after he entered his own house. the reason was bogum, who was in the kitchen, visible from the doorway, wearing an apron over casual clothes - a sight that taehyung rarely sees.

however, it wasn't the sight itself that surprised him, but rather the fact that it was happening, and so early too. bogum usually comes home around eight, and sometimes even as late as twelve, which is not uncommon.

upon noticing taehyung's entrance, bogum lifted his gaze from the vegetables he was cutting and instead of giving a smile he also stood frozen, lips parted wanting to say something but couldn't.

taehyung was unaware of why it was so difficult for bogum to communicate with him. was it due to guilt? if so, taehyung didn't know how he could alleviate that guilt because a significant part of him wanted bogum to suffer from it, while another part of his heart wanted bogum to recover and become someone taehyung could love once more.

so that he could forget jungkook.

so that it becomes a little easier.

after a few seconds of eye contact, taehyung scratched the back of his head and took a step forward, while his gaze wandered elsewhere.

"you're early" he attempted to engage in conversation, which surprised bogum more than he expected. the man nearly pressed the knife against his fingers, causing him to flinch slightly. however, before taehyung could dwell on that, he regained composure and eagerly looked at taehyung - as if he was talking with his favorite celebrity. it felt as though even speaking with his own husband felt surreal to him.

"y-yeah. today was a half day because of boss's birthday"

"he didn't throw a party or something? he does that every year" taehyung replied while placing his coat on the hanger, avoiding bogum's ecstatic face.

"he did but i didn't go. i wanted to come home early and uhm make some dinner. . . it's been a while" bogum chuckled at the end, his voice clearly weak and tired.

taehyung wondered if he was working too much. as he turned to face the male, he could easily notice the dark circles under his eyes. despite that, bogum still looked incredibly attractive, wearing the apron over his clothes, with his hair pushed back but a few strands falling on his forehead, and an awkward smile on his lips - he appeared to be the same man taehyung had fallen in love with, yet something felt different.

taehyung was sure he had seen such a sight before, until it hits him.

jungkook.

jungkook, with an apron wrapped around his naked body, displayed his full-sleeve tattoos and a bare face glowing in the morning sunlight as he stood in the kitchen making breakfast for him. the sight felt so familiar that taehyung had to break eye contact and look away.