33 : bloodlust

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"are you really okay? you should stay the night here" taehyung suggested when jungkook winced a bit and sat up.

he leaned against the pillow of the hospital bed and looked at the concerned male, offering a smile that didn't appear genuine, merely meant to reassure taehyung.

"i'm alright, hyung. don't worry"

"alright?" taehyung's voice quivered, overcome with emotion. the sight of jungkook's once radiant and breathtakingly beautiful face now appeared pale and swollen. his eye displayed a deep purple bruise, while his nose and lips were visibly damaged and had been carefully bandaged.

how could he call that alright?

"do i look ugly?" jungkook touched his face and sighed. "don't look at me"

feeling a wave of insecurity wash over him, he averted his gaze, unsure of how to interpret taehyung's words. however, taehyung, sensing his unease, gently took hold of his chin and delicately guided his face towards his own. without giving him a chance to utter a single word, taehyung tenderly pressed his lips against his bruised lips.

the raven head blankly stared at taehyung who sat closer and smiled softly at him.

"even bruises won't ever hide your handsomeness, young man" taehyung teased and jungkook chuckled.

"stop lying. i look awful"

"everything you did for me back there made you even more attractive in my eyes, gguk. you are so beautiful, so handsome, so pretty, so charming - you are so perfect."

"wow, you sound a lot like me" jungkook gasped playfully earning an eye roll from the brunette.

after some time, the doctor entered the room and prescribed a few medicines to jungkook. the doctor also provided him with instructions to follow. furthermore, he was permitted to be discharged, so taehyung's nagging ended up having no effect.

afterwards, taehyung instructed jungkook to place one hand on his shoulder, supporting him as they walked together. as they strolled out of the hospital, the vibrant hues of the sun began to set, casting an orange glow across the sky. mesmerized by the beauty of the moment, both stood in awe, witnessing the sun gracefully descend below the horizon. the tranquil atmosphere enveloped them, yet taehyung's thoughts were in disarray.

just when taehyung thought he couldn't make things worse for jungkook, he ended up getting him hurt too. taehyung clenched his teeth and gazed at the sunset, while jungkook slowly shifted his gaze from the sunset to him, with a mysterious expression. but when taehyung locked eyes with him, he swiftly put on a smile to hide his feelings, and taehyung responded with a subtle smile in return.

"what are you thinking tae?"

"nothing"

"it's not your fault, okay?"