Chapter 5: Love? It's called Love

"Rowan! We need to talk," Wednesday calls as the boy gets into Ms. Thornhill's car.

The following day from last night's events was an interesting mind boggling story. Being confronted by Sheriff Galpin, who not once believed the story she provided. Being attacked by a suspect, having Avery come in for the rescue but being beaten. Then having an unknown creature come and kill Rowan before sparing the two girls. Yeah, he didn't buy it one bit.

What hurt her case was the pre rolled-joints in Avery's pocket that were confiscated for evidence from the hospital she resides in. Being labeled as a delusional teen high on weed being attacked by a bear was a more believable story according to the sheriff. And to further his claim, an unharmed Rowan walked in during the heated debate. Backing up the sheriff's story.

In clear embarrassment Wednesday spent the day questioning those who arrived at the scene, Enid, Yoko and even Bianca who weren't much help at all.

The only one who was reliable was Avery, the girl in question was placed under careful watch. Her condition has improved, a fractured skull cap In several places, various bone fractures and three broken ribs. Luckily due to her mysterious powers, she was able to recover somewhat quickly which baffled some of the doctors but not the senior staff. Who dealt with outcasts species on several occasions.

Bottom line, Principal Weems forbid anyone to visit Avery under no circumstances.

And, here she stood finally confronting the telekinesis in slight anger.

"Wednesday, I'm not allowed to speak to anyone," he informs nonchalantly.

"You had a lot to say the other night when you tried to kill Avery and I," she retorts, "told us we are destined to destroy the school, remember? Where did you get that drawing?"

"I just went into the woods to clear my head. Then you and Avery came after me. Avery was high as a kite," he lies. Ms. Thornhill notices the Addams girl.

 Thornhill notices the Addams girl

"Wednesday. You shouldn't be here," she scolds.

"Yeah, back off and leave me alone," Rowan adds. He gets into the car. Wednesday watches the back of the car as it leaves, Thing hitchhiking along the bumper.

"I will get the truth out.....for Avery's sake."

.
Next day
.

"I'm going to give you some new material following a different variety of plants..." Ms. Thornhill talks to a student before class in the conservatory.

"How do you lose him in a bathroom with no windows?" Wednesday whispers to Thing who stands behind a plant. He shrugs, "I swear a lefty wouldn't have failed me."

The appendage hunkers down, knowing the girl is disappointed in him, once again.

"Please Don't sulk, you look gastly. Now, I'm going to have to find new evidence myself," she says, not noticing Bianca watching her, "since you're the one who lost our only proof."