Chapter 7: An Apology

It was night fall, after the Poe Cup tournament things took an unexpected twist. Not even a couple hours ago, she had the most intense make out session, not with just anybody either.

The Wednesday Addams, the Goth Latina who held death's gaze at a meter's reach. Still baffled by how it happened to how it ended so quickly. Avery enjoyed every minute of it, but she desires more.

However, now she gets ready in a quick and quiet manner. Trying hard not to stumble over her shoes, she puts them on and makes her way over to the door. Looking over her shoulder she sees Enid and Yoko cuddling together in the Vampires bed, both passed out as they hugged the Poe Cup trophy.

She smiled at the sight, then left trying to not make a loud noise.

Avery sneaks through the various hallways and corridors, sticking close to the shadows and out of sight from stragglers who still roam the halls late at night. She ended up where the event of earlier took place, standing before the statue.

"Took you long enough," Wednesday pushes herself off the wall. "I've been here for an hour,"

"Sorry, Enid stayed over longer than expected. She even passed out with Yoko.," She held a flashlight In her hand. A smile on her lips, Wednesday rolled her eyes. Pushing past the taller girl she took the flashlight out her hand, and began looking for clues. She stands on the base of the statue, looking down at the book. Seeing there is a list of riddles.

"The opposite of the moon. Sun.

A world between ours. Nether.

Two months before June. April.

A self-seeding flower. Pansy.

One more than one. Two.

Its leaves weep to the ground. Willow.

It melts in the sun. Ice.

Its beginning and end never found. Circle.

Every rule has one. Exception.

The answer will give a sharp, cracking sound."

"So? What does this all mean?" Avery comes next to the Latina, her arm brushing against Wednesday. Causing the girl to shiver against her.

Wednesday then circles the first letter of all the answers.

'Snap Twice.' She smiled in succession.

She gets off of the base and turns to stand in front of the statue

She gets off of the base and turns to stand in front of the statue. She snaps twice and immediately, the wings of the bird that sits on Edgar's other arm moves. The statue's arms swing inward and then the whole statue moves. It reveals a large deep secret stairwell. She walks down the stairs, seeing portraits line the walls all the way to the bottom. At the bottom of the stairwell is an open room, with bookshelves surrounding it.

The floor has the same watermark on it.

As both girls look around, Wednesday spots a portrait of her parents. She walks to one of the bookshelves, the outside colors of each book match the one from her vision. She notices a lack of dust in front of one. She pulls it out from its place and begins to flip through the pages. She finds the other half of the drawing that was ripped from the page. A pilgrim with a scepter stands on the other side of the drawing.