Chapter 6: Poe-Cup?

Avery pulled over shirt and buckled up her pants before making her way over to roommates bed where Yoko was sleeping. "YoYo?" She called, shaking her roomie slightly. "YoYo, wake up."

The Vampire groaned and turned over, opening her eyes and squinting as the light poured into the room

The Vampire groaned and turned over, opening her eyes and squinting as the light poured into the room. "What?"

Avery's heart ached when she realized just how horrible Yoko sounded. "I'm about to head out, are you sure you don't want me to get you anything before I leave"

"Go out, have fun. I'll be fine," She croaked.

"Are you sure you're okay though?" Avery asked, running her fingers through Yoko's hair.

Yoko hummed, pulling up her duvet to her chin. "I'm just feeling tired, don't worry about me," she said weakly. "Just go kick ass for me! I want to see that trophy when you get back,"

Avery was still hesitant, but she agreed reluctantly when she heard Wednesday through the door, "Avery, hurry up!"

.
Poe-Cup Field
.

It was morning of the Poe Cup, Wednesday and Avery briskly walked past Bianca and her team to find Enid. The siren holds a high head, thinking this year will be like any other and she will claim victory.

"We're all set and ready to go," Enid says to Wednesday.

"Good. Thing's in position," the Addams girl adds. Gesturing to hand.

"I still think that's creepy, a moving appendage," Avery gets jittery, remembering she just met 'Thing' recently and let's just say it was mind blowing.

"You wanna tell me what you two were up to all night?"

"And spoil the surprise?" Wednesday asks sarcastically.

"Speaking of surprises, your costume is in the tent," the blonde smiles. Wednesday's normal blank face drops for slight fear. However, Avery seemed amused by the idea.

"Costume?" They both said I'm unison.

Enid takes both of them over to the changing tents. Wednesday comes out in a black suit with cat-ear headbands. Enid wears a similar costume.

"OMG, you look purr-fect!" the blonde exclaims, "Only thing, where are your whiskers?"

"She gave them to me," Avery steps out of the tent and struggles against the tight costume gripping her body. She smiles awkwardly, adorning the cat ears with the painted whiskers.