Chapter 31: A Truce? fuck that! Part: 2

Wednesday paced restlessly back and forth in the family living room, adorned with peculiar decorations and an achromatic color scheme from wall to furniture. The dimness of the room felt unusual, yet strangely comforting to Wednesday in this particular moment.

A beeping sound interrupted her agitated movements, emanating from the ankle monitor she wore. She could easily break free from its constraints, but Enid had insisted that she remain confined to her own home.

House arrest.

"This is such bullshit-" Wednesday began, but was interrupted by her mother's remark.

"Such colorful language," Morticia Addams quipped, a hint of humor in her voice. She gracefully approached her daughter, her black dress seemingly moving with a life of its own, caressing Morticia's figure.

"Mother, as I said, I'm not hungry," Wednesday replied, clearing her throat and pausing her restless pacing to look at her mother

"I know, dear," Morticia said, taking a seat on the large leather couch. She sat down comfortably, emitting a sigh of relief. "I just wanted to have a conversation with you... it seems like you need it." She observed her daughter intently.

Wednesday shook her head. "I don't need your words. Father was enough for a lifetime," she dismissed her mother's maternal instincts, trying to suppress a laugh.

"True, but a mother knows more than a father ever could," Morticia smiled knowingly. "Come, let's talk about the turmoil that gnaws at your flesh and torments your mind." Morticia patted the seat next to her, inviting Wednesday to join her.

Wednesday glared at her mother but eventually gave in, dragging her feet over to the couch and plopping down next to Morticia

Wednesday glared at her mother but eventually gave in, dragging her feet over to the couch and plopping down next to Morticia. She kept her hands and knees tightly together.

However, Morticia was not deterred. She leaned against her daughter, and when Wednesday tried to move away, Morticia remained steadfast.

"Mother-" Wednesday began, but her mother's calm voice interrupted her, sending shivers down her spine.

"Wednesday. What's on your mind, dear?" Morticia gently took her daughter's jaw in her hand, turning her face to meet her gaze. Wednesday bit her inner cheek, drawing blood, as she resisted the urge to push her mother's hand away. In truth, her mother's behavior frightened her, not in a creepy way, but because it made her feel helpless.