Chapter 45: Mental Tragedies Part-4

Avery, Ave, and Enid stood frozen in disbelief as Daikon's reaction shifted from aggression to deference in the presence of Echidna. The revelation that Echidna was their mother sent shockwaves through their minds, the implications of their encounter with the creatures of this nightmarish realm suddenly taking on a new significance.

"You're the mother?" Avery's voice trembled with uncertainty as she struggled to comprehend the magnitude of Echidna's words.

"I know I don't look much like one, but yes, all you see and encountered are indeed my children," Echidna confirmed, her cloak billowing around her like liquid silk

"I know I don't look much like one, but yes, all you see and encountered are indeed my children," Echidna confirmed, her cloak billowing around her like liquid silk. "Have you never heard of my name before?"

The question hung in the air, leaving Avery and Ave momentarily speechless. However, Enid's memory stirred, recalling the name spoken by Wednesday not long ago, a name shrouded in mystery and whispered legends.

"You're a demon," Enid ventured cautiously, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Echidna's laughter echoed through the chamber, a sound that sent shivers down their spines. "Amusing, truly you are very adorable. But no, I'm no demon."

Relief washed over them, but it was short-lived as Echidna's demeanor shifted, her presence radiating an aura of power and authority that left them feeling vulnerable and exposed.

Before they could react, Echidna vanished before their eyes, leaving them paralyzed with fear and confusion. Enid felt a surge of panic rising within her, but it was swiftly quelled by the gentle but firm touch of firm hands on her shoulders.

"You let your guard down little puppy," Echidna chided softly, her touch guiding Enid's chin upward to meet her gaze. Towering over the trio, Echidna's eyes  though were pure white with no pupils, held an amusement that sent a chill down their spines.

 Towering over the trio, Echidna's eyes  though were pure white with no pupils, held an amusement that sent a chill down their spines

"I'm a devil," Echidna declared, her words sending shockwaves through Avery, Ave, and Enid. They struggled against an invisible force that held them in place, their minds reeling with the realization of their predicament.

"In fact, I'm one of the nine rulers of hell, the 7th layer to be exact," Echidna continued, her voice dripping with authority. "I'm sure if you're not familiar with my name, perhaps you're familiar with my elder brothers Lucifer or Asmodeus. Surely you've heard of them, little pup?"