Chapter 30: A Truce? fuck that! Part: 1

Enid's eyes widened with concern as she gazed at Larissa, desperately trying to convey the urgency of her words. She waved her hands in frustration, her body language emphasizing the gravity of the situation. "I'm telling you something is wrong!"

Larissa, skeptical and incredulous, fired back, "How do you even know!?"

Flabbergasted, Enid turned to face Larissa, her astonishment palpable. She struggled to find the right words to explain herself. "Hello, Avery and I are soulmates. I can feel it when something is amiss!"

Sitting in the back seat of the car, Sam couldn't help but whistle, injecting a bit of humor into the tense moment. "So, is it like Twilight? You know, that creepy bond when Jacob imprinted on that baby?" she asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

Scarlet, unable to contain her laughter, chuckled beside Sam, finding the comparison quite amusing.

Enid spun around to face Sam from her position in the front passenger seat. "No! Not everything is based on Twilight!" she exclaimed, though she reluctantly admitted, "Well, maybe a few aspects... I'm still trying to figure it out."

Sam, intrigued by the supernatural connection, pressed further

Sam, intrigued by the supernatural connection, pressed further. "Wait, if you're soulmates, how does that goth chick fit into it? Aren't you, like, jealous? Or can you even be jealous?"

Before Sam could continue her line of questioning, Larissa swerved on the road, zooming past a couple of cars on the highway. The sudden motion interrupted the conversation, and the sound of the rain pouring harder filled the car.

"It's complicated..." Enid managed to say, her voice strained.

Undeterred, Sam persisted, "Anyway, since you can sense something wrong with her, can't you, like, talk to her? You know, communicate mentally? Isn't that how it works?"

Enid slapped her hand to her head, realizing she had forgotten about this ability. "I'm stupid... I forgot I can do that."

Scarlet couldn't resist teasing, "Some soulmate you are..."

"Shut up! That's why you smell like sulfur!" Enid retorted, annoyed by the playful banter from the Dhampir.

Scarlet bit back, "Says the one who smells like wet dog!"