Chapter 13: It's hard to explain

Wednesday woke up before Avery, a mischievous smile playing on her lips as turned to admired the peaceful slumber of her lover. However, as she shifted slightly, her smile quickly faded into a frown. Her girlfriend's arm was wrapped around someone else—a figure that Wednesday recognized all too well. Enid was snuggled up against, blissfully unaware of the storm she had awakened.

A surge of anger coursed through Wednesday's veins, and she couldn't hold it in any longer

A surge of anger coursed through Wednesday's veins, and she couldn't hold it in any longer. She exploded, shaking the two sleeping girls awake and accusing Enid of blasphemy. "What the hell, Enid? Are you trying to get underneath my skin! Can you not keep your filthy hands off my girlfriend!?" Wednesday's voice trembled with rage, her eyes burning with intensity.

'Girlfriend?' Avery fully awoke to the word, not once have they put a labeled on their strange relationship. 'What happened to taking it step by step?' She wondered. 'Oh shit she looks ready to commit murder,"

Before Wednesday could launch herself at Enid, Avery intervened, interposing herself between the girls. "Wait, Wednesday! Let's hear Enid out. There might be a reasonable explanation for this." Her voice was laced with desperation, pleading for little peace and understanding that can be saved.

But to be fair this was an awkward moment to explain. Avery went asleep against Wednesday last night but bow awakes with Enid instead, yep that was hard to explain.

Enid, now awake and aware of the situation, struggled to explain herself. "It's not what you think, Wednesday. I couldn't sleep, and I just sought comfort. Nothing happened, I swear!" Her voice wavered with a mix of nervousness and sincerity, but Wednesday's anger continued to smolder.

Still seething with rage, Wednesday found it difficult to believe Enid's words. Her skepticism was evident in her voice as she retorted, "Comfort? Seeking comfort in the arms of my girlfriend? That's a flimsy excuse, Enid. I won't fall for it so easily." The room hung heavy with tension as the truth spilled from Wednesday's lips, revealing that Avery was her girlfriend, Enid's eyes widened in shock.

The weight of her actions crashed upon her, and she immediately went into defense mode. "Wait, Wednesday! I didn't know... I didn't mean any harm. I thought we were just... I thought it was okay." Enid's voice wavered with a mix of confusion and panic, desperately trying to justify her actions.

"Wens I swear nothing happened.....I didn't."

But Wednesday had reached her breaking point. Days of pent-up frustration and feelings of betrayal surged through her. In a fit of anger, she pushed Enid forcefully off the bed, her voice filled with a cold determination. "Enough, Enid! I can't take this anymore." The room shook with the intensity of the moment, and the air crackled with tension.

Avery, caught in the midst of the escalating chaos, attempted to intervene, reaching out to hold Wednesday back. "Please, Wednesday, let's calm down and talk about this. We can work it out," she implored, her voice laced with concern and desperation. But her efforts were in vain as Wednesday's fury overwhelmed her. With a forceful shove, Wednesday pushed Avery away as well, the pain of the situation clouding her judgment.