Chapter 38: A Drive/ Torture And Roadblock's

A black bronco Jeep raced down the highway, surpassing 100 mph in a 70 mph lane, weaving between lanes and overtaking slower vehicles.

A soft rock and roll melody played softly in the background as Lilith tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, skillfully but somewhat recklessly passing another car that honked in response to their near miss

A soft rock and roll melody played softly in the background as Lilith tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, skillfully but somewhat recklessly passing another car that honked in response to their near miss. In the passenger seat, Morticia sat with entertained eyes, her head resting against the window. She watched raindrops gain momentum, synchronizing with the crackling thunder and lightning that illuminated the sky in dangerous bursts. Her eyes sparkled, captivated by the mesmerizing display.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Morticia inquired, addressing no one in particular, although Lilith was the only other person awake

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Morticia inquired, addressing no one in particular, although Lilith was the only other person awake. She glanced over, then checked the rearview mirror, observing Enid using Judith's breast as a pillow while both girls slept. John was also dozing with his head against the window, and even Larissa managed to fit despite her large size, her head peeking out from the back meant for luggage.

After thirteen hours on the road, exhaustion was setting in.

Lilith shifted her gaze back to Morticia. "What's beautiful?"

Morticia hummed, her attention returning to another lightning strike in the sky. "The unraveling chaos across the expansive sky, the crackling of a power that both destroys and the dreamy sight of dark clouds paired with the serene rainfall of tsunami-like intensity. It's a breathtaking spectacle."

Listening intently, Lilith couldn't help but break into a grin, revealing her glistening teeth. She leaned forward slightly, observing the crackling lightning on the horizon and the dark clouds.

"It's nice, but I personally prefer the sensational sight of moonlit puddles of blood, the way the blood reflects the moonlight is mesmerizing. It's nearly impossible to tear your gaze away, especially when the endless stars are reflected in it. The comforting warmth radiating from the fresh blood is also quite infectious."

Morticia's gaze fixed on Lilith, her expression unreadable as she listened to Lilith's words. Morticia hummed thoughtfully, "Is that so? I've never experienced that."