Chapter 33: Guilty Pleasure And Answers Part: 1

In the dimly lit crypt, the sound of hurried footsteps echoed against the cobblestone floor

In the dimly lit crypt, the sound of hurried footsteps echoed against the cobblestone floor. A solitary figure, a woman named Ms. Thornhill, stood amidst the eerie surroundings. With a sense of pride illuminating her eyes, she chanted incantations from a forbidden tome, brimming with knowledge of otherworldly secrets.

Regrettably, a young man, stripped of his clothing, lay bound with restraints, his flesh adorned with intricate runes and symbols. Desperate to break free, he struggled against his bindings, attempting to let out a scream. Yet, a tightly lodged gag stifled any sound that tried to escape his mouth.

His body convulsed in agony, as if it were being torn apart. Flesh ripped and tore, tormenting the young man. Undeterred by his suffering, Thornhill, clutching a knife, approached him, undisturbed by the fear evident in his eyes.

"Now awaken! And come forth!" she commanded, plunging the knife into the boy's chest. As soon as the blade made contact, jars filled with macabre body parts, remnants of Lilith's recent kills, shattered open. The severed pieces congealed into a grotesque mass of flesh, impaling the boy's stomach and merging with him.

Through the muffled gag, he screamed, his body undergoing a twisted transformation. His sanity crumbled, as a foreign voice seized control, overtaking him completely. Thornhill observed the disturbing scene with a concealed smile, her intentions veiled.

 Thornhill observed the disturbing scene with a concealed smile, her intentions veiled

Soon, Crackstone Crypt grew cold, and a murky black smoke enveloped the area. Within the haze, a piercing shriek echoed. Thornhill's gaze turned towards the commotion, revealing a figure emerging from the chaos—a man in pilgrimage attire, wielding a staff that emanated a vibrant green aura, pulsating with power.

It was Joseph Crackstone, perplexed by the unfolding events. Bewildered, he took cautious steps forward, surveying his surroundings, tightly clutching his staff. Thornhill's attention shifted from the staff to him.

"Oh, great Crackstone! It is I, Laurel Gates, your descendant!" she proclaimed, kneeling before him. "I have resurrected you from the depths of hell to ensure you complete what you began," she declared, her admiration evident.

Joseph merely regarded her before smiling. "And what would that be, child?" he inquired, his voice soft.

"To rid the world of all outcasts and creatures of the night!" she exclaimed with unrestrained glee, her eyes shimmering with delight.