Chapter 42: Mental Tragedies Part-1

Avery's breaths emerged as heavy sighs, accompanied by pained, short whimpers

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Avery's breaths emerged as heavy sighs, accompanied by pained, short whimpers. Her unsteady heaving was evident as her eyes darted left and right with caution, the gaze reflecting the tension in her expression. The tingling sensation in her hands mirrored a feverish shakiness.

Meanwhile, Ave maintained more composure, hand pressed to her chest, allowing the cold sweat to dissipate. Her gaze shifted toward her counterpart, a wry grin forming as an air of haughtiness enveloped her persona.

"I think we managed to lose it... whatever the fuck that was," she quipped, a jittery laugh escaping her lips as adrenaline still coursed through her nerves. Surveying the surroundings, shards of rocks stretched for miles, providing limited coverage in the seemingly endless expanse.

"This situation is beyond messed up," Avery exclaimed, frustration evident as her fist collided with the side, causing spider cracks to ripple through the large rock structure's base.

Ave rolled her eyes, retorting, "Yeah, hit harder. Might as well broadcast our location to the entire vicinity."

Avery, looking ready to say something, bit back her words and averted her gaze away annoyed and just instead hit the back of her head instead in frustration.

"Well, if you're done throwing a tantrum," Ave continued, pushing off the rock and walking cautiously forward. "We need to find a way out of here, or at least deal with whatever the hell that thing was."

Avery's face morphed into a 'this bitch' look, crossing her arms. She tilted her head down at her counterpart. "How the hell do you suggest either?" She gestured all around. "Everything looks the same for miles upon miles, and that creature is like ten times our size! There is no way we can handle something like that! This whole time we were

Ave scoffed, "Since when did you get all scared? Jeez, you're such a baby—"

Avery didn't react in time as she shoved against the rock. With her hand instinctively placed over her mouth, ready to retaliate, she was about to slug Avery off with her right hand, but the other girl grabbed her wrist and pinned it above her. Avery pushed her body against Ave and gave her a narrowed-eye look.

 Avery pushed her body against Ave and gave her a narrowed-eye look

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.