Book 1 Finale: Endings...

Back at the Monastery, Faith woke up and began to tell Wu what happened in the First Realm. 

Faith: The darkness came upon us in the middle of the day. An unnatural darkness that filled us with fear.

Her story begins with a normal day for the former dragon hunters as they went about their day. But it quickly ended when a dark portal appeared in the camp. Daddy No Legs and a few Hunters pose, ready to fight. The Omega walks out of the portal holding a large staff.

Faith: The Oni had returned.

The Omega strikes his staff on the ground. Darkness comes out, more portals appear with an Oni coming out of each portal. The Hunters run away, screaming. The dragons, each with a Hunter riding on top, try to fight the growing darkness with their elemental powers. 

Faith: We tried to fight them with the help of our dragons.

The Ice Dragon appeared as it launched an icy breath at the darkness and flew away. But the darkness launched dark tendrils at each dragon and pulled them in. 

Faith: But in the end, darkness prevailed. 

Firstborne started biting at the darkness that held the ice Dragon and freed it. 

Faith: One by one, we fell, until I was the last. 

The Darkness then grabs the Ice Dragon again. Faith watches this unfold, while riding Firstbourne. 

Faith: I saw that we could not defeat it, so I fled. 

Firstborne began to spin causing a vortex to appear in the sky before the mother of all dragons and Faith escaped the first realm as the oni watched them escape to Ninjago. Faith finished her story before she let out a loud gasp as she suddenly sat up in the bed. 

Faith: I came to warn you. 

She frantically said as Misako lay her back in the bed. 

Wu: It was wise to flee. 

Faith: Hmph. Was it? Now I wonder, could I have fought harder? Could I have done something?

Misako: If you had stayed, you would have fallen into darkness, just like the others.

Faith: But what if I had led them here?

Wu: Do not think such thoughts. The evil that has come here has only itself to blame.

He said trying to get her calm before they heard the monks who started to cheer as one appeared in the doorway. 

Monk: The ninja! They're back! The ninja are home! Haha! The ninja are here.

Wu: Let us see what news the ninja have brought.

He and Misako leave the room, allowing  Faith to rest. And as they stood in the training grounds, they were ready to see the ninja's happy faces. But when the Bounty landed, the ninja stepped out, missing one, as they all had saddened looks on their faces. 

Wu: What is it?

He asked as everyone looked at each other, not sure if they wanted to tell what happened as Alex stood further away from the ninja as his eyes were red and cloudy from crying and Delta stood right beside him, looking down. Nya slowly took a step forward, trying to find the right words as she fought against the urge to cry again. 

Nya: It's Cole. He—He…

Jay: He's gone.

Kai: He fell into the darkness.

Wu stood there stunned by the news, as he blinked rapidly. 

Wu: A-And the Realm Crystal?

Lloyd: We destroyed it, but it didn't stop them.