Balance of Life & Death

A/N: Hello my readers, it's been a while hasn't it? Anywho so I may or may not be writing this at midnight but that's when the ideas come flowing right? 

Please Enjoy this & let me know what you think! COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED & APPRECIATED!! 

Tim x Wife!reader (Sorry boys!)

Key:

Y/N: Your name

Y/S/N: Your superhero name

K/S/N: Kon's superhero name

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV:

I never thought that out son Kon would ever join patrols but there he was every night. Like father, like son I guess. Maybe that's the reason why I haven't been able to sleep. Both my husband & son are out on patrol without me. 

Just as I was going to reach for the comm, the window to our bedroom opens revealing two men. Tim & Kon. Or should I say Red Robin & K/S/N. My face instantly brightens up at the sight of my two favorite men.

"I'm going to take a shower. Kon, ask your mother the question. I'm sure she would be happy to answer it," Tim says, kissing my lips before walking off to the bathroom.

I look over at Kon with worry & concern shown on my face. I just get a shy smile in return. I gesture for him to come sit down next to me & luckily he does so. I shift my body to face him giving him my full attention. He lets out a big sigh before saying,

"Mom, who was I named after?"

I froze. Something must've happened for him to be asking this out of the blue. 

"Why do you ask?" I reply.

"Well we had a run in with the shadows & they mentioned the name Kon to Dad but it didn't seem as if they were talking about me, rather someone else. So - just curious to know if I was named after someone who clearly has some connection to Dad & possibly you," Kon blurts out in one breath. 

Shadows. There back. After everything they've done they come back. I take a deep breath before looking Kon in the eyes. 

"How about I tell you the full story?"

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''FLASHBACK''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
(Bold- Narration in flashback)

As I finish my page, I look up from my book to the clock on the bedside.

'2:30 a.m' It read.

I left out a soft sigh as I lean my head on the headboard of my bed. I quickly put my book away & cuddle further into the bed, trying to at least get some sleep. But alas, my eyes stay wide open.

A groan leaves my lips.

I should be used to this. Tim is out patrolling with the whole batfamily as usual but something just isn't sitting right. Oh course there's the question, 'Why am I not out there with them?'. Well it's very simple. I'm pregnant. Only two weeks left before my due date. 

There's this pit in my stomach that just won't go away & it's not because of the baby.

Maybe I'm stressed about my due date? About Tim being gone? 

The most reasonable answer was both. We had both agreed that after tonight Tim would stop doing patrols until after the baby was born. What blows my mind is how hard it is to find the right name. Never in my life have I struggled so much. Maybe that's adding onto the stress.