Request ~ Hot Head

A/n: Thanks to Marb1ed for requesting this one shot!

(Characters such as Dami are aged up)
——————-
Y/n's POV:

I cannot believe Damian!

I sigh, pulling into the batcave on my bike. Putting it in park & turning it off, I take off my helmet as I begin to ruffle my hair. My whole body winces as the deep burn on my arm begins to burn like my fire. I pull up my sleeve slightly to look at it & let it air out for a bit. After a couple of seconds I take my eyes away from the awful sight.

That's not good.

So I'm a well known superhero named called Ember. I've been able to create & manipulate fire since as long as I can remember. All my life, I was hiding who I truly was because I was alone & knew that CADMUS would take it's shot at any given moment. Plus, surviving middle school & high school with people knowing my power would be terrible.

I've been on my own since I was little but around 8th grade I met a boy named Damian Wayne. He was the most popular kid in our grade but never really seemed interested in anyone.

Somehow, I don't even know, we became good friends & stuck with each each other all the way through 8th & all of high school.

But more recently I've noticed a minor setback with my powers. Every time I overexert my powers, I begin to find burn marks on my arms. I haven't said a single word about it to the boys but that's just because I don't want them to treat me like I'm some kind of glass ballerina.

For years they've treated every single accident I've had as if I was going to die! Plus everyone's been really busy so I don't think it's necessary to add onto it.

Screeches of bike tires enters my ears causing me to yank my sleeve down, even if it hurt real bad. I bit my tongue to keep quiet as they pull in right next to me.

Damian is the first to take off his helmet & look at me bit his eyes hold concern & anger. I glance into his green eyes as they stare me down.

"....heeeyyyy Dami," I say.

"L/n, we need to talk. Now." He says, voice stern almost venomous.

I begin to sweat bullets at his response. I'm sooooo dead.

"You know I can take care of myself right? I'm not some glass ballerina. Plus, if I weren't there to deflect it you would have been dead by now!" I exclaim, my anger quickly rising.

"I wasn't going to say you can't take care of yourself l/n. It's just you shouldn't have jumped into danger so recklessly. Your lucky that it barely grazed you!" He shouts, throwing his hands in the air.

I stay seated on my bike knowing that if I got up, things would be broken. I'm the one who's mostly known for her hot head temper so I quickly try to diffuse the situation.

"Dami, you know nothing can hurt me as long as I have my fire. You however are just human, that can get hurt," I state, calming my nerves.

But the next words that come out of his mouth made my blood boil.

"I don't care what your powers can do! I don't care that I'm more vulnerable! You shouldn't have done that! You should have stayed out of the fight!"

Something inside me just snapped. I give him my most deadly glare yet before storming out of the bat cave. Once I got outside into the cold night, I begin to fly around the city using my hands to shoot fire. After figuring out how to properly fly I begin to set my destination for the top of Wayne tower.

Hopefully one of the boys decided to knock some sense into Dami or at least stopped him from following me. I roll my eyes at the thought of him, finally settling on the roof of the tower.

Turning my sight to the city, my gaze soften. The city illuminates in a soft blue with some splotches of white here & there. The building however contrast with the bright colors making it seem like a scene from a movie.

After a couple of minutes, I feel my breath continue to get calmer & calmer. Closing my eyes for just a second, I listen to my surroundings. Footsteps.

"You know it's funny how your the former assassin yet I can hear every footstep your making," I call out, not opening my eyes.

I can just picture his tense frame as he playfully glares at me saying, "Well then you have super-hearing. Maybe your one of the Kent's but don't know it."

I hear his footsteps come closer & closer before he decides to sit next to me. Only then do I open my eyes to see the ones I fell in love with staring right back at me. I lean closer to him but at the very last second, I turn my head away.

He freezes in his spot as he realized that I moved before I start bursting of laughter. I laugh so hard that my sides begin to hurt & I fall backwards. This only made my laughter grow with Dani's joining in.

Next thing he knows, I'm pulling him down towards myself, causing a gasp to erupt from his mouth. I giggle in his arms, enjoying the cuddles even if it's on a roof. His arms immediately wrap around my waist, pulling me closer into his chest.

We lay there on the top of Wayne enterprises for a while before I begin to ask,

"Are you still mad?"

"Aren't I supposed to ask you that?" He retorts.

"Well I'm fine now. I just needed to get out & cool down for a second. Now what about you mister?" I ask.

He stifles a laugh before glancing down at me. He pecks my lips lightly before saying,

"I'm not mad. I still love you even though your a complete hot head."

—————————
A/n: This took me so much longer to write than it should have but it's finally done! After many, many days it has finally been complete!

Anywho Marb1ed I hope you enjoyed this!

Make sure to get some food & water today peeps!