IT'S TOO HOT

A/N: Hey peeps! Enjoy this one shot in celebration of SUMMER COMING UP!

CREDIT TO Inkydandy ON TUMBLR FOR THIS AMAZING ART PIECE! I also just want to thank all of my readers for y'all's support. 

Batboys x Sister!reader

Key:

Y/N: Your Name (Obviously)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV:

Lights shine brightly as Gotham City buzzes with life. Chatter fills each nook & cranny as people walk through the streets. You might be wondering why it's so alive at night when practically nobody ever is outside after night. 

Well it's the first day of summer. Schools are out, children going wild. Plus the one thing that is adding the cherry on top is the weather. For the past 2 days the weather has brightened significantly & the temperature has skyrocketed. 

But that didn't stop patrol for the bats. They might seem fine on the outside but there the complete opposite. 

Y/N'S POV:

'I'M GOING TO DIE!!!'

Gotham's heat is never this bad at night, NEVER. I feel like the universe is trying to punish me for my non-existent crimes I've committed. 

'I'M SORRY UNIVERSE!! I TAKE BACK ANYTHING I SAID OR DID JUST MAKE THE HEAT STOP!!!'

I hear a splash of water & look over to see Jason pouring a water bottle on his head. HE. DID. NOT. JUST. DO. THAT.

"Jason. Todd. Did you just use one of our only water bottle's on your head?!" I screech, marching up towards him. 

I open my mouth once again to yell at him but feel a splash of cold water on my face making me shut up instantly. I stand their as the cold drips down me cooling me off. I sigh in relief & sit down next to Jason, relishing the cold feeling. 

"See? I'm not stupid Y/N," He replies. 

"Your filling this up for me later Jason," Tim states, an annoyed expression on his face. 

I wave my hand at him signalling him to back off but he only sighs at me before walking off somewhere else. I glance over at Jason to see his face turn into one of discomfort as he groans. I lay flat on the roof while pulling at my suit to relieve some of the heat. Sadly, the spandex suit doesn't stretch as much as I want it to causing me to let out a frustrated growl.

Jason chuckled as he is no longer has his jacket on. 

"Do you think Alfred could install an A/C in my pants?" He questions out of the blue. 

I turn my head towards him with a look of pure confusion only for him to retaliate with a look on pure curiosity. I shrug my shoulders, too hot to say anything. I close my eyes trying to get some relief from the cold roof but nothing is providing the cool like I need.

Dick's POV:

A huff leaves me as I make my way over to two dead looking bodies. Concern soon clouds my thoughts as I make my way over to them only to realize it's my 2 siblings, Jason & Y/N. Sitting on the edge of the roof is Tim & Damian, who both seem like their going to pass out. How Damian, my patrol partner, got here before me is beyond me but the heat is messing with my thoughts.  

"Why does everyone look like there about to die?" I ask, but get no responses.

I sigh & sit next to Tim on the edge. A couple minutes pass before it starts to get uncomfortable. Now I understand why everyone looked dead, I FEEL LIKE I'M ON THE SUN!

I pull the zipper down from the front of my suit only for it to get stuck...ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?

A whine escapes my lips as I struggle to move the zipper before giving up, defeated by a zipper. I hear a thump & turn to find Damian laying on the roof with his cape, glove & boots off, staring into space. 

I begin to laugh at him before this overwhelming heat comes making me groan. 

"UUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! WHY DIDN'T I CHOSE A MORE BREATHABLE SUIT???? I'M MELTING!!" I shout, tugging as much as I possibly can to get my suit off. 

As I continue my rant I feel something hit my side then land on the ground with a clang. I turn my head to see Tim staring at me with a death glare & an empty water bottle rolling on the ground. 

"We are on PATROL NIGHTWING! YOU CAN'T TAKE OFF YOUR SUIT!" Tim shouts, before looking back out to the city. 

"I. DON'T. CARE!" I shout back, pulling at my suit once again.

"Guys....why don't we just head back to the cave?" A small voice asks.

All of our heads turn to the voice to see it was Damian who asked the question, practically melting into the ground. All of us go silent at the question as we soon begin to realize that we could have done that in the first place. 

"I'm not moving. I've become one with the cold rooftop," Y/N says, melting further into the concrete if possible.

"Same here. If we move, it's gonna be sooooooo hot," Jason whines, sprawling out on the rooftop. 

I sigh & make my way to the floor before flopping down, sighing in relief at the coolness. Tim glances at us from the corner of his eye before letting out a long sigh & making his way down on the floor with us. 

All of us sigh in relief as a wave of cool air washes over us suddenly. Footsteps soon make there way towards us before stopping right in front. I glance up at the person to see Batman with a blank expression. 

I close my eyes, not caring that he's watching all of us melting in the heat. A thud is soon heard making everyone sit up slightly to see BATMAN HIMSELF LAYING ON THE ROOFTOP!

He chuckles at our shocked expressions before laying down fully with us. It goes silent after as the life outside in Gotham finally stopped, making the night even more peaceful. 

What a nice way to end the first hot summer night.

In peace & quiet. 

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Aaaaaannnnndddd DONE! Hopefully you guys liked it. I saw this pic on Pinterest & was like this is the one! MY INSPIRATION HAS MADE IT'S WAY TO ME!

Alright make sure to get some food & water peeps! It's IMPORTANT! See y'all in the next update.