Request ~ Butterflies

A/N: Thanks to InsufficientIvy for requesting this one shot! Remember people REQUESTS ARE OPEN! I CAN KEEP IT ANNOYNYMOUS!

Key:

Y/n - Your Name

N/n - Nick Name

------------------------------------------------

Bart's POV:

Nervous. Jittery. Nauseous.

All of those emotions mixed together is not great for me. About a week ago Y/n was sent on a mission with Gar & Jamie but none of them have returned, nor reported anything back. Nightwing said that it's to be expected but there's this gut feeling that this wasn't supposed to happen. What makes my stomach turn even more is the fact that I'm from the future, I should know this stuff! But - I've never heard about an event like this.

Most of the time, they finish their missions early so this mission is a bit concerning for all of us. Especially with the whole Reach ordeal going on right now, it's not the best time to be radio silent. Ever since the team hadn't returned or made any contact, all of us have been in the cave waiting since it's summer.

But even if it wasn't summer, I would skip school in a heartbeat. Of course I see Y/n all the time at school but she's been acting weird lately. Every time I try to talk to her, she avoids me or when I catch up to her she... doesn't function normally.

Don't get me wrong, she's a nervous ball of energy 24/7 along with really weird energy but it's more unusual. I've tried so many times to get her to talk to me but she just completely shuts down & can't say a single sentence. I find it cute but I miss my best friend.

A loud alarm snaps me out of my thoughts as everyone bolts by me, especially Nightwing. I've never seen the guy move so quick. Now that I think about it, that right there just shows who his favorite sibling is...

"Everyone out! We don't know if this is a trap so we don't need them knowing who all's currently on the team. If you're a main team member you can stay but the rest of you out!" Nightwing explains, ushering the newer teammates out.

All of them complain & protest but Nightwing doesn't budge. Not gonna lie, his batglare is terrifying in the future but this one is even more scary. If that doesn't scream protective brother than I don't know what could.

The only ones in the room consist of Nightwing, M'gann, Superboy, Tigress, Aqualad, Arsenal, Red Arrow & me. I'm pretty sure I'm not considered one of the senior members like all of them but I'm pretty well known at this point so it would be suspicious if I weren't there.

Before any of us can say anything, the screen begins to show a static screen before focusing on two familiar figures. Nightwing signals Red Robin to begin tracking the signal as we all intently watch the screen.

My heart shatters at the sight of Jamie & Gar but it completely disintegrates at the fact that Y/n is nowhere to be found. The boys seem relatively okay since it looks like there arguing with someone but it's hard to tell because of the quality. All of us glance at each with worry, thinking of the exact same thing,

Where is Y/n?

The minute I try to voice my thoughts the video cuts into a room with two people. My heart drops to my stomach at the sight. It's Y/n in the chair while a very familiar man is standing in front of her.

"Savage," Tigress whispers under her breath.

"THE Savage? The one her & KF took down?" I whisper back rushed.