꒰ chap 1 ꒱

An Invitation?

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

What a boring assignment. I wonder if i should just skip the next period. We've learned this since the beginning of high school, can't we move on to a new topic already? 

I rolled my eyes as my gaze wandered off somewhere, a big patch of grass, a football rolling around as kids kicked them around. Soccer huh? I stared at the p.e class playing with the football. I played football back in middle school. Only for a year though. Those boys out there really do have some skills i have to admit. But they are still levels away from professional players. 

"Miss y/n!" I heard my teacher call as i snapped to reality. 

I stood up and bowed down to apologise as i continued working on my assignment. 

¡! time skip

"So, we're actually working at a hospital for a day right? How fun!" My friend Ophelia exclaimed as i just smiled. "Though.." I started, "it'll be quite boring like always." Ophelia chuckled at me as she took two bento boxes out of her bag. "Two?" I asked tilting my head, "do you need to eat that much?" I saw her roll her eyes as she handed one to me, "yeah, of course! After all, food is life!!" She winked as she started eating. "Thanks, heli!" I spoke before eating my meal.

I knew Ophelia since the beginning of middle school. We've been together for around 4 years now. She has always been known for her cooking skills and her beauty. Guess the nickname 'mommy' people give her isn't wrong. Ophelia and i study almost all the same courses. Our classes have always been together. Even the school acknowledges our friendship connection. Maybe because in grade 9, we didn't get put in the same class, and she had a 'friendly' talk with the principal. I wonder what she said, to be honest.. Guess even the principal doesn't stand a chance to her when it comes to scariness. No wonder why boys would come up to me to give things or ask Ophelia out for them. Pathetic. 

Break ended shortly. "Ugh! Why do we only get 20 minutes for lunch? Back in primary school, we had double of that time!!" Ophelia complained as i started packing, "this isn't primary school though!" She sighed as she started packing too. "Guess i'll have another 'friendly' talk with the principal!" She said that so innocently, guess even i sweatdrop at times. 

¡! time skip

I was waiting outside the school gate for Ophelia since she was busy having a 'friendly' talk with the principal as i received an email on my phone. I clicked in only to see a letter. 

Dear Miss Y/n L/n,

We are writing you this letter as an invitation to help us out.

We have created a project called 'Blue Lock'.

It's a soccer program that'll help players become the greatest striker

and eventually, play for the Japan nationals and win the next World Cup. 

As it is a new project, a nurse would be needed.

We have taken an interest in you for being the top medical student

in almost all of Japan.

We admired your trophies for every competition. 

If you are interested, please come to xxxx for a short interview. 

We hope to see you, don't disappoint us. 

- Anri Teieri

I was confused yet flattered. Me? Best medical student in all of Japan? Impossible. They must've messed me up with someone else. But they clearly wrote my name?? Though i truly am interested. I'll go to the interview to ask more questions about that. For now, i'm wondering what Ophelia is up to....

 For now, i'm wondering what Ophelia is up to