꒰ chap 23 ꒱

Love

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

My eyes widened while staring at the steamy water. Did Anri just ask me that? What is she planning? Who i'm interested in? Like.. The person i have a crush on here?? 

My fists clenched underwater as i bit my lower lip. What should i say..? I don't like anyone, so i should tell her that right? No, i do like someone. Not one person, but i like multiple! But.. Is the like i'm thinking of the romantic like or the friendly like? 

Anri sat there in silence, patiently waiting for an answer. "Hey, Anri..?" I asked quietly. "Yes?" She answered politely. "What.." I stopped for a few seconds, "what is love?" 

I heard a soft gasp slip through Anri's lips as i faced her, desperate for an answer. "Please tell me Anri!" Anri's face slowly softened as she started to explain. "In my eyes, love is a difficult emotion." Anri looked down at the hotspring water, "it's when you gain a deep affection for someone. Like care and such." I slowly nodded taking notes in my head. "You may feel very nervous when you're around them. You could feel your body temperature rise and your heartbeat palpitate to the point your chest would hurt. It'll hurt, though you'll enjoy this feeling." Anri then faced me with a smile, "love is weird and confusing, isn't it?" I nodded and looked up, processing the definition of love. "Anri.. You seem to love someone don't you?" I asked with a casual tone making Anri stutter. "W-what are you saying?! You.. You still don't understand love right?? Haha, it's ok! You don't need to know, you're still young!! After all, love is confusing and it's a tough experience and.. and...." Anri started rambling and fell silent. 

We stayed silent for a while until Anri spoke again. "He's weird, creepy, odd, and scary.. What a fool i am to fall for him." I turned to Anri as my eyes expanded seeing tears roll down her face. I shuffled closer to Anri, patting her back trying to comfort her. It was my fault to ask her that question to begin with. "I won't even be able to see him again after our blue lock contract is completed." Anri sobbed in my arms. She's right. It'll be the same for me. After blue lock ends, that's the end of our connections too. "So.. I can't fall for him y/n! I can't.." Anri sobbed even harder. "I know.. I know Anri," I whispered closing my eyes, allowing a teardrop to slide down my cheek. "I can't fall for them too.." 

¡! timeskip

"Yeah, so my day is actually pretty boring," I uttered giving an exasperated sigh while Anri giggled. "Not funny!" I complained in annoyance. "Sorry, sorry!" Anri spoke between her laugh. "What about you Anri? Tell me about your daily routine too!" Anri put her hand on her chin as she thought deeply before replying, "alright, i'll tell you!" 

We were both in the sauna. Steam traipsed around the room as Anri leaned back next to me with her eyes closed. "I wake up at 5:30." Anri started as my jaws dropped. "5:30?? That's so early!" Anri tittered as she continued, "after getting ready, i first check my e-mails then do my morning yoga!" I could feel myself blepharospasm as i grumbled, "morning yoga? Seriously..?" Anri opened her eyes and gave an irritated face, "if you were to only complain, then i won't tell you further more!" I quickly started to flap my hands around as i apologised, "sorry! I'll shut up, please continue!" Anri huffed as she leaned back once more. "I wake Ego up at 6:30 and clean his room." "Can't he do that himself-" Anri then gave me a glare and i slapped my mouth to cover them. "I make breakfast at 7:30. Ego always have cup noodles or cup yakisoba, so i have to boil water for him." I mentally complained this time. Like, can't he do that himself? How lazy is he? "Starting from 9, i check up on each player's health condition from yesterday, your notebook. Then i have a meeting with Ego." Anri then gently giggled, "it's more like getting criticized, but who am i to talk back?" I was already disliking Ego, but even more now! "At 10, i would check on the selection progress and i update each person's personal data at 10:30. And 12:30 is finally time for lunch!" I nodded as Anri continued. "I study football at 13:30 and have some snacks than as well! Oh, i have to check on the selection progress again at 15, and another meeting with Ego at 15:30." I yawned knowing how boring and tiring Anri's day is, yet she manages to keep a smile on her face. Anri continued to jabber as i slowly lost interest. 

"Ok!! I'm getting hot now, can we go already??" I finally gave up listening and stood up. "Oh, sure!" Anri stood up with me as we both walked out of the sauna. Though that didn't get her to stop blabbering about her daily schedule. I just walked with a smile and a tick mark on my forehead as i pray she'll stop talking soon.

"Y/n!!" I saw Bachira sprint towards me as he bear-hugged me.  "Bachira- I'm still naked.." I held the towel around me tighter as my face flushed with embarrassment. Bachira seem to be embarrassed too as he quickly let go and turned around, walking away. "We'll wait for you two on the bus!" He called as i watched his figure getting smaller as the distance between us grew. 

A/N ¡! Will your relationship with the others really break apart once blue lock is over? 
Nearly at 5k reads already! Let's try and get 200 votes before i post the next chapter! Nearly there luvs!! 

Don't you guys just love to make friends? Join my discord server!
https://discord.gg/xluv > we can chat there hehe

Would it be nice if i gave you guys a basic introduction of myself? Yk, like a short, 'get 2 know ur author'? Maybe i'll do that in the last chapter, which is actually very soon.... C u in the next chap x

 C u in the next chap x