꒰ chap 41 ꒱

King to Donkey

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

Isagi kicked directly to Nagi. Nagi versed Chigiri as the hope in me almost fell. It's impossible to compete with Chigiri when it comes to speed. Nagi suddenly controlled the ball the other way and created a path to shoot. With a strong kick, Nagi scored Team White's first goal. So, this is Nagi and Isagi's chemical reaction. 

As the game continued, Reo and Isagi stopped facing each other and started to have a 'casual' conversation. "Hey, Isagi," I heard Reo speak, "why would Nagi choose a guy like you?" I listened closely to Isagi's reply. "Who cares? Are you saying you have some amazing talent i don't?" Isagi sounded almost irritated. "I.. Don't have any special weapon like the rest of you. That's why, in this match, i'm only thinking about winning!" With that being said, Reo used an immense move to get past Isagi, followed by an accurate pass to Kunigami. The pair then continued to pass to each other as they got past Barou. They're slowly ripping Isagi's team apart. 

Judging by Isagi's face, he was in a serious state. As if he was thinking of plans or so. But you could see the desperate cries in his eye. He wants to win this match. 

The ball then got to Chigiri. A one-on-one with Nagi. But Chigiri didn't use his speed talent this time but passed to the center. The center where it's crowded with Reo, Isagi, Barou and.. Wait, where did Kunigami come from?! With a powerful headbutt, Kunigami scored another goal for his team. 

Team Red has a perfectly balanced tri-fusion. They're way stronger than their looks. What would you do now, Isagi? I shifted my gaze from the tio towards Isagi, whose there laying on the ground in despair. I slowly walked over to him. He still seems to be in deep thought. "Isagi.." I muttered as i held my hand out, "you're a genius of adaptability." As my words reached his ear, his eyes shot up, and looked into mine. "I see.. It's not about making the most of his play." Isagi slowly reached his hand out to hold mine. "I've got to.. Devour Barou!" He stood up and i saw his aura blooming. He seem to finally find the right place to place his puzzle pieces. I gently smiled at him as he let go of my hand. "I was wrong, i thought if i tried to fit Barou's style, he'd respond." Isagi continued, "but that's controlling someone and expecting them to change. That's not adaptability." My eyes seemed to sparkle as Isagi finally understood his doings. "I have to change the way i use my talent to win.." Isagi smiled at me, "thank you for making me realise this, y/n." His smile wasn't one of the usual smiles he would give me. But this time, his smile is filled with divination and willpower. Knowing he was alright, i went back to the sidelines. 

"Nagi, you and i are going to win this." I heard Isagi as he looked over at Nagi with seriousness. "Oh? You finally caught on." Nagi replied with calmness. "Just keep your eyes on me," Isagi ordered. "Yes, sir." Nagi simply replied as the whistle blew. 

Isagi hooked onto the ball as he seem to be coming up with the correct strategy he could use with Nagi. Isagi then started dribbling toward Barou. I almost felt myself frown as he did that. Why is he trying to get near Barou? He can't possibly rely on Barou again. I watched Isagi's moves intensely as i tried to find answers. As Barou started to move, Kunigami followed. But when Isagi got to his passing position, he passed the ball opposite direction from Barou, to Nagi. His pass completely fooled everyone on the court. He dribbled as if he was going to pass to Barou, but it was a ruse to divert attention away from Nagi and create a path for him. I felt a grin appear on my face. Good thinking, Isagi. 
Chigiri tried to go for the ball that was rolling towards Nagi as Nagi simply evaded Chigiri with his takedown. But just before Nagi was able to succeed, Chigiri has already shifted his attention to Nagi, not allowing Nagi to get past him. I saw Nagi look around at teammates he could pass to. But Barou was blocked by Kunigami and Chigiri and Reo are both onto Nagi. But what they don't know is, everyone's attention is all on Nagi. A place only Nagi can see that is waiting for the right moment to cut through the darkness, Isagi. All their doing was just so Isagi could get himself a goal. Leading Barou to be nothing but a decoy. 

No matter how many times you knock on the door to someone's heart, you can never truly change them. So, it's always you that has to change. That's the only way if you want the world to follow your plan. If you can't see the light that leads to the goal, become the light. Barou.. Are you watching Isagi yet? He's going to adapt you. He's going to devour all the darkness on the field you created and turn them into light. 

"Now, time for a comeback," Nagi spoke to Isagi as Isagi agreed. Isagi then turned his head and glared at Barou. "Barou, you just keep playing the way you are, don't drag us down." Barou stared at Isagi in almost confusion as Isagi repeated himself. "I'm saying don't get in our way.." Isagi repeated, "you donkey." 

A/N ¡! hey, babes! I very much enjoyed my break :D IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SUCH A LONG BREAK, BUT IM BACK TO BUSINESS :D 
This book is slowly coming to an end.... It most likely won't be more than 60 chaps long. 
overall, i'm back to publishing again and i do hope i could post a new chap daily like usual.
thank you all for the support you gave me even during my break, i missed this book! hope u missed it too ;D
donkey barou's prob gonna sob in the next chap, we'll see.. cya bby's next chap! mwa <3

 cya bby's next chap! mwa <3