꒰ chap 29 ꒱

Ditched 

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

How did i end up here..? When Sae offered to take me out for dinner, i wasn't expecting a place this fancy.. I'm not even dressed properly! Now we're in the centre of this fancy restaurant, sitting across from Sae who's checking out the menu with a bored expression like he's used to this. I'm not. Why is a freaking bread, covered in sesame, ¥6200??  Who would even order something like that here? This restaurant is out of my budget. I should just look at the dessert menu.. 

"I'm paying." Sae spoke out of nowhere while continuing to look at the menu. I guess he saw my worried face expression while flipping through the menu aggressively. That's embarrassing.. "I-it's fine! I can pay for myself.." I replied while giving a confident smile. "Are you sure you can even afford a simple ice cream scoop?" Sae lifted his gaze off the menu to me as i flipped to the back, seeing one ice cream scoop is ¥4000. "Huh?! A small, simple, ice cream scoop cost 4000 yen??" I was so close to throwing the menu on the floor and walking out, but Sae's chuckle set my heart back to pace. "So, i'll pay for the bill. Eat your heart out tonight." He then waited for a waitress as a smirk formed on my face. If he's paying, i must buy a lot right? He insisted after all! Plus, i'm hungry, and it'll be a great way to return his kindness for stealing Ophelia's attention away from me! Yes, i'm putting him up a debt for that. 

As the waitress came to take our order, i practically asked for everything on the menu. Even the waitress had a fearful face expression on. But after i placed my order, Sae calmly ordered whatever he wanted. Maybe he's trying to act cool about it in front of someone? But even once the waitress left, he took out his phone and started playing on it. "Umm! I ordered a lot, didn't i?" I spoke trying to get his attention. He hummed, not even looking up as i felt my blood boil. My plan didn't work, but backfired. I'm now the one boiling hot. "Do you even have the money for all the food i ordered?" It slipped out my mouth, but before i knew what i said, it was too late. I already earned Sae's attention. I could feel the anger. "What are you implying? Do you think i'm broke like you?" He shut his phone and stared at me as i gulped. "Im sor- wait.. Did you just call me broke?!" Sae rolled his eyes as he turned his phone back on. "Let me know if you need any money." I felt the urge to slap him once he said that. But instead, i stood up and death glared at him. I took my hello kitty plush and turned around, wanting to leave. "Where are you going?" Sae simply called out as i got irritated even more. I think i'm getting irritated just by hearing his voice. "Bathroom." I coldly replied and walked away. Not to the bathroom, but to the bus stop. 

So, i ditched our date. I sighed while putting cup noodles in my basket. Sae deserved it. He deserved it? What did he even do? He didn't do anything.. I think i was just being dramatic.. Well, it's a heated moment! I'll apologise to him once i see him again. "For now i need an excuse.." I muttered, "i felt sick, so i left." No, that sounds fake. "My stomach was hurting, so i left to the clinic." That sounds more realistic! "Practising for something?" A voice behind me asked as i had my spare arm on my hips standing proudly. "Yes! I just thought of the best excuse to tell my date i ditched!" I replied with pride in my voice. The voice hummed as i sensed a similar fragrance. That smell.. The cold air and anger too.... Ah shoot. 

"Ahahah.. Sae!!" I nervously spoke while turning around to face him. "What are you doing here?" No reply. "H-how was your dinner?" I stuttered as a vexation Sae stood upon me. "Such nice excuses you have." He replied coldly. My legs trembled as i just laughed it off. "Buying for that guy again? What was his name.. Emo? I don't remember." I bursted out laughing as soon as he said his name. "Emo?? Do you mean Ego?! Ahahah!!" I could hear a tsk coming from Sae as i suddenly shut up. "You owe me a date, let's go." Sae walked out as i quickly went to the front counter to pay for the noodles and ramen. As i reached for my wallet, the lady already gave me my receipt. "Huh..? I didn't pay yet?" I murmured. "Ah! The young men outside already paid for you." The lady told me as i looked outside. "Sae.." I muttered as my face turned red by bit. 

"Thanks.." I spoke as i walked out the convenience store. Sae continued to walk towards his car as i followed. As we got in the car, i decided to start a conversation to clear the negative mood. "Umm! So, what did you do with all the food?" I asked Sae who started driving. "Left it." He dryly replied. "Eh?! The food cost so much though! Wait, did you eat?" I suddenly asked. "No." Sae replied as i felt guilty. "You spent money, yet you came after me? How silly.." I murmured. The rest of the car ride was quiet. I don't even know where he was taking me, but i didn't care at that moment. I wanted to find a way to repay Sae. 

"Are you hungry?" Sae asked out of the blue. "Not really.." I lied, "are you?" Sae thought for a moment before replying, "yes, but i'll eat something else later." I looked at him with confusion. Something else? Is he taking us to another restaurant? If so, i hope it isn't expensive.. I'l have to offer to pay for the meal to repay him.
"We're here." Sae suddenly parked as i looked up at the tall building. My eyes widened, my jaw dropped, i stopped breathing. "A LOVE HOTEL?!"

A/N ¡! woah Sae! Slow down!! A love hotel?? I wonder what Sae meant by 'eating something else' now.. ;) 
aren't you just excited for the next chap? I am too!! Back to 1k words today, happy 8k+ reads! 
i wonder what Sae is up to.. Find out in the next chap!! Cya qts <3

 Find out in the next chap!! Cya qts <3