꒰ chap 17 ꒱

Start of Second Selection 

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

I was in Ego's control room as i was going to ask him for a favor. Though he started to announce to the blue lock players. Practically ignoring my presence. I looked at his big screen as he started to announce. 

"Hello there, diamonds in the rough." He greeted, "good work on your physical conditioning." I then started to notice everyone in the building, there is barely 100. Somethings up. "If you're smart, you might have noticed.. There are no players from building 1, 2, 3, or 4 in here." My instincts then took over. Those players never existed. Don't tell me.. He lied to everyone. "Only building 5 exist in blue lock." Ego started to explain. "You all believed you were at the very bottom of the pile and battled through the first selection with desperation." I then started to hear the players complain. Though i found it both ignorant and intelligent. "It was all a ruse i set up to destroy your half-baked confidence and give you the hunger to become the best in the world." More complaints could be heard. "How smart" I muttered being heard only by Anri. She walked next to me and gave me a confidential smile. Ego continued to speak as i listened. Just how smart could he get?

"We will begin blue lock's second selection."

Second selection has 5 stages huh.. It might actually take a few days to get through to everyone.
The first stage of second selection is to actually fight on your own. Knowing the closest teams i've been with, Team Z and V, their independence isn't too bad. I have faith in them.  

"So, what did you want y/n?" Ego asked me as soon as he turned off his camera. "It's miss y/n! Be polite Ego!" Anri stated, scolding Ego. "It's fine, i'm not really used to miss just yet haha.." I flapped my hands around as Ego rolled his eyes. "Speak." I gulped as i started to put words in the right place so i don't sound demanding. "I think the boys are doing good. And they deserve a short break. All the training the boys have been through is tough. They didn't even get a break right after the physical condition of hell training. I personally think of it as an unfair case." I spoke out trying to not sound scared. "What are you implying?" he asked slightly squinting his eyes at me. "I think we should take the boys out somewhere for a day or two." I ended my favor. Ego looked at me with an annoyed expression. "They're here to train to become the world's best striker, not for vacations every now and then." My face fell flat hearing a rejection. 

"I actually think it's a great idea!" Anri jumped in trying to defend me after a few seconds. "I think.. A hot spring would be nice! It could even heal their bodies better and clear their minds a little. C'mon.. A calm, relaxing, break is just what people need at times." Anri was practically begging Ego at this point. I feel ashamed if i don't help her out. "Plus, it'll only be a day or so! They could head back to their harsh training after a break. They haven't even got a proper bed for 3 weeks or so." Ego glared at us as i bit my bottom lip. I quickly bowed down, "please!" 

I heard Ego heavily sigh as i looked up. "Fine.. But only the first few people that make it out the first stage of second selection." Anri and i gave a look to each other as a wide smile crept up on both our faces. We both bowed and talked in sinc, "thank you Ego!!"

A/N ¡! I'm sorry this is short! Only 600 words or so, but i don't have the time of day to write atm. Studying is really needed.. Might not post for a day or two. But i'll try my best to not ruin my posting streak! Even if i do post, it'll be short like this one.

Thank you all so much for 2k, love u all <33