꒰ chap 45 ꒱

Behind the Screen

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

"Huh.. W-why yes i'm fine umm...." I couldn't get the right words out of me, they were all so tall and intimidating. 

The eight seemed to let out a relieved sigh before the speaker spoke calling for me. I could tell it was Ego, he was probably mad i interrupted their game. I mean.. Postponed their game. But i wasn't all too annoyed, i could honestly thank him, those eight were truly scary just then. Getting out of there was honestly the only thing i could ask for then.

I walked down the halls to Ego's screen room as requested. My footsteps echoed in the empty hallways. The hallways were always empty, and thanks to my heels, i make such loud stomps when walking. 

As respectful as i am, i knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

To my surprise, Anri welcomed me in and Ego was out of sight.

"Where's that old man? He wanted me right?" I spoke in my casual tone.

"Y/n!! If he heard that, you'll surely get fired...." Anri sighed, "and i was the one that called you here."

I stared at Anri with confusion, tilting my head and trying to list all the reasons why Anri would want me.

"Ego.. He fell ill, so he's resting in his room right now." Anri explained in a worried tone, "I have other jobs for today and we need someone to watch and note down every player's moves, so instead of being by the field, could you be the one sitting behind the screen?"

I froze completely, trying to comprehend what she just told me, but my brain wasn't taking in all the information so early in the morning. 

"Please?" Anri added, practically begging me. 

"But.. What if there's an injury that'll need immediate care?" I answered, clearly not wanting to take that boring job.

"We'll leave a first aid kit by the side so the wounded players can treat themselves"

"And if they need medical attention?"

"Then you can leave the room and rush over to the scene."

"But if it's a serious injury, i won't make it on time. If you think about it, i took nearly 10 minutes just to walk here."

"This is Ego's order, Y/n."

"Do you really think putting the player's progress is more important than the actual player's health and wellbeing?" 

Saying that sentence, Anri finally went quiet. 

"If that's all, i'll take my leave." Feeling satisfied, i turned around, and just when my hand reached the door handle..

"I'll let you use your phone." Anri offered me something i knew i couldn't reject.

I mean.. How long has it been since the last time i touched my phone? 

¡! timeskip

"Listen up boys, get your butts off the ground and get to your positions because this sh*t is about to get real." I leaned back on the comfy chair and scrolled through Instagram on my phone, replying to my friends who had been left on delivered for weeks.

"What the.... That was totally Y/n's voice," Bachira was the first to stand up and look around the stadium. 

The rest of the boys stood up as well.

"Y/n? Are you feeling alright?" Nagi called out.

"Where did you go?" Rin asked in his normal cold tone.

"She's talking on speaker," Chigiri also spoke.

"That means.... She must be in the screen room!" Isagi figured it out and the boy's mouths just made an 'O' shape. 

"Good job Isagi, but that aside, let the battle begin!!" I tried making it sound dramatic but only received confused and weird looks.

But of course in the end the boys got to their positions as i asked. 

Closing my phone with a soft sigh, i took out the notebook Ego normally uses to note down and a pen in hand.

I looked over at Anri and nodded, Anri then took the instinct and spoke through the speaker, "Play ball!"

A/N ¡! How many months did i take a break? Smh.... Finale exams of the year start this Friday and continue for around a month, so i still won't be too active.. DOING MY DRIVING TEST NEXT MONDAY, HOPE I PASS AND GET MY L PLATE HEHEHE
Thank you all for the support so far! Please share this book with your friends and anime lovers! My goal is to reach 100k reads by the end of this year, so i wish you'd all continue supporting me till i finish this book!
Can't wait for the second season, blue lock next year! 
I love you all, see you guys in chap 46 <33

 DOING MY DRIVING TEST NEXT MONDAY, HOPE I PASS AND GET MY L PLATE HEHEHEThank you all for the support so far! Please share this book with your friends and anime lovers! My goal is to reach 100k reads by the end of this year, so i wish you'd all c...