꒰ chap 8 ꒱

Excuses

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

"Not sleeping yet?" I spoke as i saw Chigiri going somewhere down the halls. "Where are you heading to?" He turned around to face me and we made eye contact for a second before he looked away, "not your business." 

He turned back to walk away as a smirk appeared on my face. "A right ACL tear." He froze. "H-how did you figure it out??" He turned back to face me looking almost scared. "I'm a top med student for a reason, after seeing your gameplay, i knew something was wrong." I explained, "in today's game, you were glancing down at your right leg. So i paid more attention to it." 

He looked at the ground facing his defeat. "Well then, let's walk and talk." I smiled walking next to him. I was going to invite him to my room but remembered Bachira was sleeping there. Can't let anyone know that.. 

"I picked up the injury a year ago.." Chigiri finally started to open up. "The doctor said if i injure the same spot again, my playing days will be in jeopardy." I nodded mentioning him to continue, but he just sighed. "Why were you staring at your knee on the field today? Quite a lot of times too, did something or perhaps someone.. irritated you?" I asked trying to learn about him more.
He nodded, "i used to be like Isagi, i used to have an amazing weapon like him." I hummed. "I used to get so pumped up after scoring and scoring over and over again. I had the dream of being a striker." I listened closely, trying not to fall asleep. "But when my leg healed, i'm scared to get injured again.. I'm scared of losing my dream and soccer that gave me pleasure." He suddenly stopped walking, "i came to blue lock to find a reason to give up on my dream." He looked me in the eyes and continued, "after seeing Isagi's goal, i might be able to give up." 

I smiled at him as he gave me a confused look. "That's all just excuses Chigiri." I explained in a soft tone, "don't blame it on Isagi.. I know you don't want to give up." I took a step closer to him, "if you're not even prepared to give up everything, then you'll never fulfill your dreams." Chigiri said nothing afterward but continued to stare at me in shock. "You're excuses are lame Chigiri. If you were to give up, you would've done that ages ago. You're just lying to yourself." Chigiri slowly backed away from me as he shook his head, "you know nothing about me!" Like before, a smile appeared on my face as i walked past him, "why are you scared? You have your teammates to rely on." 

With a final wave, i walked back to my room. I hope i wasn't too harsh on him and said unnecessary things.. I was actually trying to be nice, i was nice right..? Whatever, it's tiring enough for me already. 

I walked down the halls as i heard voices discussing. I peeked behind a wall and saw Kuon with twins? They seem to be talking about something, i couldn't hear them that well.. Oh well, i'm so tired. 

I walked back to my room but bumped into someone while making a turn. 
As i stumbled backwards, i looked up to see a super tall guy with white hair. His face gives a tired expression. "Sorry! Are you ok?" he hummed then gave a confused expression. "A girl? What are you doing here? Are you a player?" I gave him a closed eye smile as i laughed nervously, "haha.. no, i'm just a nurse." I opened my eyes to see a peak of interest rush through his face. "Well, Nagi right?" He nodded. Seeing him standing right in front of me really shows his height. He's so tall for a 17 year old.. 

"What were you doing? It's quite late at night.." I tilted my head as he pouted. "I couldn't sleep and wanted my mobile back so i can play games. I tried finding that bowl cuts room but got lost.." He looked up at the ceiling thinking while speaking. I chuckled at his childish action. "You do know you can't have it right? Until you earn your points by scoring to get that award.." I trailed off as he sat down on the ground, "i did score. I want my game." He was basically a child having a tantrum in public, though i found it cute. 

I kneeled down in front of him still flashing my smile."Wanna come over to my room tomorrow? I have a Nintendo Switch, i'll let you borrow it!" I winked while noticing his change-of-face reaction. "Ok, can we go now?" He asked with his usual poker face but his tone of voice changed. I giggled, "no, i said tomorrow! Go to sleep now, it's nearly 12 am." I stood back up lending him a hand as he shook his head. "I'll wait until it's past 12 then, it'll be tomorrow right?" My eyes widened at his smartness, what a genius. "Tomorrow evening only." I added as i saw him pout again. He took my hand and stood up. "Eh.. What's your name again?" He asked after he stood up. "Y/n, y/n l/n." I simply responded, "just call me y/n though!" He nodded then started walking away until he turned around, "where's team V's room..?" 

A/N ¡! yes!! Nagi finally appeared!! Gotta love nagi ngl. 900 words ;) I'll write more on the next chap hehe, cya all tmr!

 900 words ;) I'll write more on the next chap hehe, cya all tmr!