꒰ chap 36 ꒱

Goodbye Geniuses

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

"Whoever score the next, wins." Nagi turned to Isagi as Isagi stared at a blank space with seriousness, not even answering Nagi. The score is now tied with 4-4. "Please make a comeback, Nagi.. Isagi!" I muttered while praying. I don't want their soccer career to end here! I don't want them to lose.. I don't want them to leave me yet! I know they'll leave one day, but not now, it's too soon! It'll be hard for me to move on.. So, please Nagi, Isagi, please.. "Win this match." 

"I need you to shut up genius, i'm about to get to the good part." Isagi answered in a poker tone. "Ok striker, i'll take that as, 'we're gonna win.'" Nagi turned away as out eyes locked. We stared blankly at each other for a few seconds before he lifted his fist up in the air. Fist bump..? My serious face turned soft, a smile replaced it as i held out my fist. 

Nagi walked over to the pole and gave it two kicks. "Now you can't go for your usual spot, king." I grinned, he is called to be the 'genius' for a reason. I then glanced at Team Red, Naruhaya seem to be suggesting Barou a plan or so, but Barou said it loud and clear to Naruhaya, "shut up average joe, i will live as i please and win as i please." I sighed at the lack of interaction. How did they end up being on a team? "This is my.." Barou continued, "regal philosophy!" There it is, his direct shot straight from the starting position. I gasped as it went left instead of right. Who knew he could do that? It must so far be the best shot today. "Lay down and die, lowly plebs!" Barou yelled with his eyes glowing red. How scary he look at that moment. But his face turned even more scary when he saw the goal keeper block his ball. "Free ball..!" I muttered as Isagi and Naruhaya ran after the ball. I then saw Nagi coming after it from the other direction. Who will reach it first..? This is the most intense part of the game. With the court in heat and players drenched in sweat, i watched the game even closer, i swear i wasn't even blinking. My jaws almost dropped as i saw Naruhaya try to emulate Isagi's direct shot, i could almost feel my heart sink. 

My eyes was shut, not wanting to see Isagi and Nagi in pain. But it opened when i heard a 'dong' sound. The ball didn't reach in the net, but hit the pole and it rebounded back only to be stolen by Nagi.
A sudden idea then popped up in my head. Emulation! An average jow and an average joe would match one genius! They can fuse weapons! Then.. They'll have a chance to take on the geniuses! How clever i just became. I looked over to Isagi who's running to their goal as i felt his different aura. Could it be.. Isagi found it out as well? Is he going to fuse weapons with Naruhaya? I watched as Barou started to chase after Isagi. You can do it Isagi! Emulate Naruhaya's weapon.. Human's can only see what's in front of them, you'll have to move your head if you want to see what's around you. Right now, Barou has to pay attention to you, Isagi. Nagi is behind him, running with the ball. But it's not like you can see both directions at once. So, wait for your opponent to be distracted, then take your move. Pay attention to his eyes. You can do this, Isagi! 

I watched as Isagi switched to Barou's left, then back right. Of balancing Barou and passing Barou. Isagi passed Barou by using Naruhaya's footwork. Nagi passed the ball to Isagi as isagi's aura changed colour, it changed back to his colour. He knows, emulating isn't enough, you have to combine both weapons. With Isagi's direct shot, Team White was the first to reach five points. 

I started to jump up and down. I couldn't control my excitement. It only took Isagi a split second to successfully learn Naruhaya's footwork and devour it. While i was jumping and Isagi and Nagi are bonding, Naruhaya trembled to his knees and Barou was on full mode of anger. Naruhaya faced the ground with tears and started to yell in frustration as Isagi tried to comfort him. Silly Isagi, he's so serious on court yet he's an angel off court. What a difference in behaviour. 

"So, Isagi, who are you gonna pick?" Nagi asked as Isagi finished his conversation with Naruhaya. Naruhaya looked up at Isagi with almost hope in his eyes. It was almost as if he was begging Isagi to pick him. As for Barou, his eyes were so dull. Like his soccer career already ended. Like he knows he won't get picked. "I will.. No, we will go higher." Isagi spoke as his fists clenched, "join us, Barou." I could see Barou's face light up. His pupils expanded as he stared at Isagi in shock. Though Naruhaya's is completely different, it's the opposite of Barou's. Isagi quickly turned to Naruhaya, "Naruhaya, i-" "I know," Naruhaya interrupted, "you don't have to say anything." The room was silent for a few seconds before Isagi spoke up, "i'll win on your behalf too." With that being said, Isagi walked off. "Isagi.." Naruhaya suddenly spoke up as Isagi turned to face him. "Win, you have to.. Keep winning until the day you die." Isagi nodded at his words and walked off with the others, leaving Naruhaya. 

¡! timeskip

It's night, and i decided to take Isagi and the other's laundry. I walked through the halls trying to find their break room as i spotted it. It wasn't locked, so i welcomed myself in. Who knew a pillow greeted me. "Y/n!!" Isagi shouted as the room full of yelling stopped. I looked at the ground clenching my fist as my anger grew. "Who.. Just threw that pillow at me..?" I looked up at the three of them who looked anywhere else but me. At the end, it was Isagi kneeling before me. "We're truly sorry, y/n!" He spoke out as i scoffed. I crossed my arms, "go on, explain yourselves." Isagi looked behind him at Nagi and Barou who's just ignoring his eye contact. "Well.." Isagi started to explain the situation as i deadpanned. "A fierce battle over a bed? Seriously?!" I almost yelled as i turned around facing the door. "Just do rock, paper, scissor or something.." I sighed, "as for all your laundry, take them to the laundry room yourself." I then walked out of their room and as soon as i closed the door behind me, i started hearing arguments again. Those geniuses..

A/N ¡! Isagi picked barou, yay! Well, nay for the  naruhaya fans :(
until this day, y/n still doesnt know which one of those three geniuses threw the pillow at her face. 
it's only the last part of the game, yet i managed to write 1k-1.1k words like whaat, i wonder what i even wrote.... 
js wondering what happens next now! we'll all c next chap hehe, cyaa!!