First Day Back.

23(Wednesday Sep. 26th)

When Phil woke up again it was around 5:30am, time to get breakfast started. He quietly walked out of Carsons room, glancing at the two on the bed to make sure they were still asleep, and made his way down to the kitchen.

Tommy, Tubbo, and Wilbur were going to be hell to wake up and Phil knew it. He'd probably end up having Ranboo or Techno do it since Carson typically didn't have the heart to wake up Tommy or Wil.

As he set to work on breakfast Phil heard footsteps behind him. When he looked to see who it was he saw a very tired looking Ranboo. Phil wasn't surprised that Ranboo was up first, he'd had him over multiple times and the kid was a very light sleeper. Ranboo sat down at the dining room table silently and waited for breakfast to be finished.

"Hey Boo, want coffee?"

Phil held out a cup to the boy who gratefully took it and quickly thanked Phil.

Ranboo was one of the only one of the kids in the house today who drank coffee. Tommy and Tubbo thought it was gross, Wilbur wasn't allowed to have caffeine, and Carson only drank iced coffee.

Phil started having meaningless conversation with Ranboo while he cooked. Tubbo and Ranboo had been coming over to his house almost every weekend and some weekdays since Tommy met them. The kids were like the three musketeers and considering both Tubbo and Ranboo's parents have traveling jobs and are out of town quite a bit, Phil had no problem keeping them over for days, sometimes weeks at a time.

"What's for breakfast?"

Phil looked over at the boy briefly, he was still in his pajamas and clearly hadn't brushed his hair.

"Well i made you and Tech some turkey bacon and pancakes and i made the other four bacon and pancakes. Then y'know, juice for the boys and water for Carson."

Ranboo nodded his head and looked back down at the table, still drinking his coffee. He looked back up at the clock and realized that it was almost 6am

"Should i go get Tom and Tubs up?"

Phil shook his head slightly as he put the pancakes on a plate and the bacons on two separate ones. Then placing the plates on the table.

"No, let me get Carson and Techno up first. Carson hates being woken up to yelling and commotion."

Just as he was walking to the stairs Techno came down them.

"Im up. Carson's still asleep though. I really need to come up with a nickname for her."

He murmured the last part to himself. Phil just nodded and walked over to Carsons room as Techno walked the kitchen, getting a cup and filling it with coffee then starting a conversation with Ranboo.

The door to Carsons room was cracked like normal, all the lights were off and Carson was still asleep on the bed. Phil walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, shaking her lightly. The girl quickly opened her eyes and shuffled away from Phil. He could only guess she had another nightmare and now Phil was really glad that he decided to tell Ranboo to wait to wake the others up.

Carson's breathing was slightly heavy but it only took a few seconds for her to realize that it was just a dream. She moved to be sitting next to Phil on the edge of the bed, saying a quick good morning and then going to the dresser and picking out a pair of tights. The man just watching as she looked through the drawers

"Why are you staring at me?"

"I just want to make sure you're okay."

Carson rolled her eyes and very lightly smiled.

"Im okay. Hey which ones should i wear red or blue?"

She held up a pair of maroon red tights with a flower embroidered into the sides and a pair of striped dark blue tights.

The school they went to was a weird uniform school. It was technically a public school with a strict and also not so strict uniform rule. Kids had to wear either a pair of khakis or a skirt and a shirt and tie, but hats were also allowed as long as they were plain and appropriate. They also weren't to strict on who wore what type of pants. Boys could also wear skirts and girls could wear khakis as long as they fit properly. The thing they were most strict about was shoes, which Carson thought was weird but she wasn't complaining. They had to wear either all white or all black tennis shoes.

"Well if you wear the red ones i bet Wilbur will let you wear his beanie with it."

Carsons eyes lit up at this

"You think?"

She said quite excitedly

"Mhmm and i bet Techno would even do your hair."

"Okay its settled im wearing the red ones."

Phil laughed and watched as she continued to pick out her outfit for the day. Carson always needed help with picking out the color of the tie too so it wasn't anything new for him to wait till she kicked him out to leave. Plus he had to wait for her outside the door anyway.

"So.. black or red tie?"

Phil thought for a moment

"I think black. The red doesn't match the tights and it might be too much red."

Carson nodded her head again putting down the black tie and pulling out her white button up shirt and her black skirt before looking back at Phil

"Leave please."

It seemed she was in a pleasant mood today, maybe her first day back would be good! Phil could hope.

When Carson came out of her room she had her backpack, a few hair-ties, and a hair brush as she walked downstairs and looked at Techno hopefully. The boy just sighed playfully and asked how she wanted it done. Carson sat down in front of him and thought for a few seconds before huffing in frustration. Phil looked at her from his seat at the table, he had sent Ranboo to get the boys up and get ready a few seconds ago.

"Its alright Carson."

Phil looked at Techno

"Shes hoping to wear Wilburs red beanie, so something thats down. Like a loose braid or something."

Techno nodded and starting doing the girls hair as she drank a glass of water. All three turned their heads when they heard yelling from upstairs.

"it seems Ranboo got Tubbo and Tommy up."

Phil laughed slightly while talking.

Next thing he knew Ranboo came downstairs with the two boys in tow. All of them dressed and ready for breakfast. Techno had finished Carsons hair and she moved to a actual chair, waiting for Wilbur to come down so they could start eating. Techno went to get Wil and came down five minutes later, both boys dressed for school.

Carson looked at Wilbur excitedly, the boy being quite confused at first.

"Can i please please please wear your red beanie? It would match so well with my tights and-"

She was cut off by Wilbur laughing and leaving the room, when he came back the beanie was in his hands and he walked over to Carson, gently putting it on her head. Careful not to mess up the hairstyle that was completed a few minutes prior.

Breakfast was eaten fairly quickly and everyone shuffled into Phils car. Techno was worried about how Carsons first day was going to go but he knew it would be okay. He and Sam would be there to calm her down after all.

What could go wrong?