How Did You Know That?

The group got out of the car and went around to the bears since they were the first up.

Wilbur stood and looked down at them, seemingly mesmerized by the animals. Carson walked up next to him and also looked at the bears. She saw Wilburs face turn to one of worry as the four bears in the pin were given their lunch by the zoo-keeper.

Carson kept looking at Wilbur in attempt to understand. The boy glanced away from the cage for a few seconds to explain his worries.

"I just hope their getting enough food and they won't fight over it."

She nodded her head and both looked back down at the pen.

"Don't worry, they'll be fine. Look they all have their own corner the foods put into. Plus, they probably grew up together and were raised sharing food."

Wilbur was confused now. He didn't know Carson knew anything about animals? Earlier she hadn't even known what animals were in the zoo, let alone how they stayed peaceful with each other.

He snapped out of it when Carson tapped his shoulder and motioned towards the boys. They had been standing there at the bear cage for fifteen minutes already and should move on to the next animal.

That would be Tubbo and the wolves. The three wolves were playing around with one another, playing tug-o-war with a bone they had, probably, got from a zoo keeper. It scared Tubbo because he didn't want the three wolves to fight. However when he said this to the group Carson spoke up almost immediately.

"Tubs, look in the three corners. Each one has a bone. That one has a bit of blue duck tape on it."

She pointed to the one in the far left corner

"That one has red."

She pointed to the far right corner.

"And that one has yellow."

She pointed to the one in the closest right corner.

"But you see the one they're playing with has multicolored taped?"

Tubbo nodded his head and continued looking at the wolves while glancing at Carson every few seconds. She was very observant! He had been to the zoo maybe twenty times and never noticed the colorings on the bones or the separated fish piles.

"That means that one is the play bone. No one takes it back to their corner and they all use it to play. If they want a bone to themselves they just go back to the one in their corner."

Once again Wilbur, and now Tubbo were shocked at her random knowledge of zoos. Supposedly she hadn't been to one in a long time so they didn't understand how she knew so many animal facts.

The group walked away from the wolves after another five minutes and went over to the lions instead. When the lions came into view all of them noticed how Carson seem to both shrink down and also burst with excitement.

She had never told them about the picture of her and Mrs. Morrison so obviously her reaction to the lions was confusing to them.

Carson walked up to the railing with Ranboo and looked down at the lions. There were two lions and one was sneaking up behind the other, making Ranboo scared that it was going to attack the other lion. Carson once again quickly started to ease the boy's worries

"Thats how lions play, they grew up together so they wont attack each other."

Ranboo nodded and sure enough as soon as he looked back at the lion cage the white lion jumped onto the other one from behind. The two started wrestling and messing around on the dirt floor, obviously neither being injured by the playful pounce. When Ranboo saw this he clearly relaxed and just like the others he became quite confused at Carsons knowledge of animals.

They continued watching the lions for another ten minutes until they set off to see the penguins.

Tommy happily ran to the railing and started watching the penguins in awe while Carson once again stood next to him watching.

"Hey Carson?"

The girl just hummed, not taking her eyes off the penguins.

"How fast do you think penguins are?"

"Mhhh i don't know Toms, how about we read the sign?"

Tommy huffed and continued looking at the penguins. He didn't want to read he just wanted to know!

But Carson had guessed he wouldn't want to read the sign and had already went over and started reading it to him

"It says they can swim over ten miles per hour and they can dive down over eight hundred feet. Thats kind of cool."

She murmured the last part to herself before looking up at Tommy to see him nodding his head.

Again they left the penguins and tried to find the koalas however it seemed they had been removed or something because after thirty minutes of looking they didn't have any luck finding them. When they eventually asked a zoo staff the small family was told that koalas were no longer held in the zoo. So when Carson said she didn't want to see another animal they went off to see the elephants instead, as that was Technos animal.