MORE CUPCAKES

VIHAAN'S POV

"Excuse me sir." I heard Ms Sharma call me and I turned back.
She stood up and came and stood near the person she was sitting with. She held her by her shoulder and said "Sir, let me introduce my best friend to you."

I just hated this introduction and all. But when I saw her best friend stand and turn I was shocked. It was Maanvi.

"Sir, this is Maanvi Gowda. My best friend and Maanvi this is Vihaan Gowda my boss." She said looking back and forth.

She lifted her head and looked at me. She was short...... very short. She was mostly 5'1 I guess. I had to look down at her. She just started at me.
"Maanvi it's so nice to meet you." Sitara said hugging her.
"Nice to meet you too Tara." She said.
"Hi Maanvi." Rishabh said and then he turned to look at me.
"Hi Rishabh." She said she then looked down again.
"You guys know each other?" Rishita asked confused.

Then I saw maanvi clutching Rishita's hand and Rishita trying to control her laughter.

"She's your best friend and she didn't tell you that she's getting married to Vihaan." Rishabh said lifting an eyebrow.
"She did say something about marrying, but she didn't tell who it was. I mean you guys came at the same time." She said pulling her hand from Maanvi's hold.

Earlier when I met Maanvi at Abhinav's office I thought she'll talk to me but she ignored. I really thought she had a date and it was her parents who said yes for the marriage. My anger reached its peak when I saw her cheeks becoming red. I don't know why but I didn't like the idea of Maanvi going out with someone else.

"Ok I need to go now. I ll see you guys later." Maanvi said smiling.
"But Maan we just came and I am still hungry." Rishita said giving her a pout.
"Yes both of you can join us. If you are comfortable." Tara said looking at both of them.
"Sure." Rishita said pulling Maanvi with her.

She's actually very quiet. She speaks only when people ask her something. It's going to be hard having a conversation with her.
Everyone sat in such a way that I had no other option but to sit next to Maanvi.
While sitting my hand slightly touched her hand and she flinched her hand a little.
We ordered some cupcakes, lasagna, pizza, ice cream and cold coffee.

We started eating and everyone were speaking except me and Maanvi

"Excuse me I need to take this call." Rishita said as she got up.
"Baby elephant, come with me I need you to pick something for me." Rishabh said getting up and winked at me and went away.
So it was only both of us now. We stayed quiet without talking. At last I couldn't bare this and broke the silence.

"Hi." I said and she suddenly looked at me shocked.
"Ohh hi." She said confused.
"So are you really okay with this marriage. I mean if your not okay with it then you can tell me." I said looking at her.
"I have no problem marrying you." She said playing with her fingers.
"You know we are getting engaged in 2 days right?" I said.
She turned to me with her eyes going as wide as it can.
Ok she didn't know. I am an idiot.
"What? I didn't know. Why so fast?" She asked feeling tensed.
"The other dates were like after 1 month so they thought of getting us engaged now and then we ll get married after 1 month." I said in a calm voice.
"1 month? Don't you think one month is too less? I mean we don't even know each other?" She said getting panicked. She started playing with her fingers more.
I took her palms in my hand, and held it in my hand.
" Hey look. Calm down...we can try something. Don't get tensed." I said. She looked into my eyes for the first time and started relaxing.
Her hands...... they were soft just like a babies and completely opposite to mine. As soon as she realised I was holding her hand she pulled her hands back. Her cheeks started turning red and her ears they were already red like tomato.
Everyone came back and we finished eating and we paid the bill and went to the parking area.
"Bye Maanvi, bye Rishita." Tara said hugging them
"Bye Tara." Both of them said together.
"Bye Maanvi and bye Rishita." Rishabh said as he gave a hand shake to Rishita and hugged Maanvi.
From when did he start hugging her? This guy really gets on my nerves.

"Bye Rishita. Go safe and text me when you reach." I said to Rishita who nodded back.
I turned towards Maanvi and smiled at her and said " Bye Maanvi, take care."
"Bye." She said and smiled.

And then all of us left.

......................................................................

Hey peeps ❤️,
I hope you all liked this chapter. If you like it then please do vote and stay tuned to know what happens next.
Love,
Maya🕊️

Instagram id- _itsmaya08_
Follow for reels and updates ❤️