RECEPTION

MAANVI'S POV

I walked out of my room with Rishita and my other friends. I really liked my outfit and I wanted to see the stage decorations and the place because I wasn't able to see it earlier.
I wore a pastel color saree and a chocker with mild makeup.

I saw the decorations and it was beautiful and it matched my outfit

"Woah!! Look at your to-be husband Maan." Rishita said and I turned to look at him.

I could see only his back and our outfits were matching, obviously, it'll be matching what am I even thinking?

"Go, speak to him Maan, you didn't speak to him for the past one month." She said and without any hesitation, I took a step towards him.

As soon as I started walking he turned towards me and holy shit! Was he this hot always? I walked towards him with his eyes fixed on me like a predator.

"Hi..." I said smiling at him and keeping myself as calm as I can, ignoring my fast-beating heart.

"Hi...."

Thats it.... we didn't speak anything else we just looked into each other's eyes and did nothing only to be brought back to the Earth when my brother called me.

"Ahh... I need to go." I said and without even waiting for a reply I walked away.

"You called me?" I asked my brother.
"Yes, I did, you need to go on the stage now so if you want to do some changes or use the washroom do it now." He said and went away.

Ok Maanvi breathe. Just breathe. You're just going to sit on the stage with him and maybe hold his hand sometimes and maybe do some poses for the photos.
Ok, I need to stop thinking.

I saw Vihaan walking towards me and I started getting nervous.

Maanvi, you can do it.

He came near me and held his hand out for me. I looked at him for a second not understanding what he was doing and then when the realization hit me I put my hand in his. As soon as I touched his hand I felt butterflies in my stomach, his hand was warm and rough, and big.

He held my hand and we walked on the stage. We stood in the middle of the stage and waited for the garlands.
I saw Siya baby coming towards us with the garlands.
She looked pretty in her baby-pink gown.

"Hi baby, you look very pretty." I said kneeling a little and kissing her forehead.
"You also look pretty." She said and gave me a garland.
"Hi prince. You look handsome as always." She said making my smile fade.
"You look gorgeous just like a princess." He said taking her in his arms and kissing her cheek.
I stood there making a puppy face.
"Maan why are you jealous, is it because Siya likes Vihaan more than you or because Vihaan kissed Siya and not you?" Vivek asked making my cheeks flush with heat.

I turned towards Vihaan to look at him and he was already looking at me with a smirk.
Ohh goddd.
I am going to kill this Vivek.

He put Siya down and we turned towards each other. We then exchanged our garlands.

The reception then started. People started coming onto the stage and started congratulating us.
It was soo tiring.

Then a bunch of girls came on the stage along with Abhinav, I guess those girls were Vihaan's college friends.

"Woww never expected Vihaan to be a groom." Girl 1 said.
"The great vihaan who used to be a Playboy and who used to run from commitment is now marrying." Girl 2 said.
"Never thought a day would come when we would see you marrying Vihaan." Girl 3 said.

Nice, so I understood that my to-be husband is not actually an introvert or an innocent person. I just stood there blankly staring at everyone's faces and it was like I was invisible foot a second.

"Are you not going to introduce your wife to us?" Girl 2 asked.
"Everyone meet Maanvi my fiance and Maanvi these are my college friends." He said introducing us.

I just smiled at them because I was already tired.
"Wow vihaan your wife is not your usual type. Have you changed your preferences?" Girl 1 said and my eyes went wide.
"Excuse us we need to go immediately someone is calling us." Abhinav said pulling everyone from the stage.

I turned to look at Vihaan, who now had a poker face. Unbelievable.
What do you mean not his type?
Am I not good-looking?
Ugghh I hate this. Now I'll spend my whole time thinking about it.
He didn't even give any explanation.

Finally, my friends came on the stage and I introduced them to Vihaan.

"Sir can you come close we need to take a photo." The photographer said.
Shit..... This was my nightmare.
He came close to me and stood. I could smell his expensive cologne something woody and spicy. Usually, I don't like those types but this was driving me crazy.

"Sir can you come more close." He said.
What the hell is his problem?
He came close and put his hand on my bare waist. As soon as his hand came in contact I jerked front and then stood back properly. Sensing the discomfort he took his hand a little back.

Thank God.

It was 11 o clock when the reception came to an end and everyone immediately went to rest as the marriage was at morning 6.

......................................................................

Hey peeps ❤️,
I hope you all liked this chapter. Stay tuned to know what happens next and please show some love by voting ⭐ and commenting.
Love,
Maya 🕊️

Instagram id- _itsmaya08_
Follow for reels and more updates.