FRIENDS??🤝

VIHAAN'S POV

The minute I saw her crying, my heart flinched. She could have just told me that she had a problem with smoking. It was terrifying to see her like that.

She looks quite calm now. Her cheeks and eyes are red because of the crying.

I wanted her to speak more with me.
" Can I ask you something?" I asked looking at her.
"yeah sure."
"I know both of us have a problem with communication so, can we just try to make things work between us? We could start by becoming friends."  I said finishing my dinner.

"Yeah, that's a great idea. So, hi I am Maanvi." She extended her hand forward.

Chuckling, I extended my hand to hers.
"Nice to meet you Maanvi, I am Vihaan." I said making both of us laugh.
It was nice seeing her laugh. It was very soothing.

We both then cleaned the dishes and went to our room.
" So which side do you prefer?" I asked keeping my phone on the table.
"I don't have anything in particular. So any side is fine." she said shrugging her shoulders.
" Then I'll take the left side."
"ok, good night." she said making herself comfortable.
"goodnight."

I went to turn off the lights and then remembered what she had said earlier. I switched off the lights and turned on the bed lamp.

I looked at the ceiling and wondered what is going to happen next. I turned to look at her, she was facing the other side, and how I wished I could read what was going on in her mind.
Closing my eyes I just wished for tomorrow to be a better day than today.

I woke up at 5 and to my surprise, I found Maanvi still sleeping in the exact same position and she was still not awake. I got up and changed my clothes and headed toward the gym.

I finished doing my workout and sat down on the bench drinking my protein.

I got up and went to freshen up

I got up and went to freshen up. As soon as I entered I saw Maanvi skipping.
I stood there and just stared at her.
I never expected her to have so much stamina. I mean I am standing here for the past ten minutes and not once did she stumble or stop.
After 15 minutes, she stopped dropping her skipping rope to the side and putting her earphones down.
She sat down leaning towards the wall and started relaxing.
"I never expected a girl like you to skip for 15 minutes straight." I said standing behind her.
She immediately jerked hearing my voice and then relaxed.
"I am offended, it was 30 minutes not 15. And what do you mean by a girl like me?" She said panting.
" what the fuck! 30 minutes? I said you that because you look petite, actually you are petite." I said correcting myself and sitting next to her.

She gave me an offended look and said "Me? Petite? Seriously!!"
"Ya, you're small and cute." I said looking at her.

She shook her head and just smiled.
"I started skipping when I was 15 years old, then it shortly turned into a habit. I used to do it for relaxing myself." she said looking straight.
" skipping for relaxing? That's new." I said looking at her.
"I know. What do you do when you're stressed." she asked turning towards me.
I looked away from her, feeling guilty. I don't know for what but I felt guilty.
"you won't like the answer." I said.
" you smoke? Why can't you try something else?" she asked.
" you think I didn't try? Nothing worked." I said looking down.
"you know what.....I'll make sure you quit smoking." she said with her eyes sparkling.
I chuckled at her statement.
"I would love that." I said looking at her.
I know its impossible because I tried several times.... I did soo many things but I wasn't able to quit it.
"I'll go bath now." she said getting up.
I nodded and sat there looking at the sky.

I got ready and went down to have breakfast.
"Morning everyone." I said sitting beside Maanvi.
"Bro, are you going to work today or are you going to Abhinav's office for discussing the project?" Rishabh asked eating his breakfast.
"I am going to Abhinav's office." I said without looking at him.
"How's the project going on?" Dad asked.
"It's going great. From next month we'll start executing it." I said.
"That's good. Maanvi, even you're working on this project right?" Dad asked looking at Maanvi.
"Yes Dad, and I was hoping that if I child start going to work from today?" she asked looking at everyone.
"Of course Maanvi, you can go whenever you are ready." Dad said and Mom agreed.
" Thank you so much." she said giving them a beautiful smile.
"We'll go together then, I am anyways going there." I said looking at her.
"ok."

We finished eating our breakfast and headed out.
"If you don't mind Can I ask you a favor?" Maanvi asked.
"Sure." I said keeping my focus on the road.
"I don't want anyone in the office to know you are my husband or bhagats sister. Please." she said making an adorable face.
I didn't like the idea but I understood went she didn't want anyone to know so I just nodded.
"Can you just drop me here?" she asked looking out.
"Why?" I asked confused.
"If we are together obviously people will think something na." she said looking at me and then turning to look around.
I felt sad. I wanted everyone to know that she's my wife.
"Ok." I stopped the car.
"Thank you so much for understanding. I'll meet you in the office. Bye." she said smiling.
"Bye." I said hiding my disappointment.

Is this how it's going to be? Will she never tell anyone that I am her husband?

....................................................................

Hey peeps ❤️,
I hope you all liked this chapter. Stay tuned to know what happens next and also vote⭐.
Love,
Maya 🕊️

Instagram id -  _itsmaya08_
Follow for reels and updates