GUILTY!! 🙁

MAANVI'S POV

I spent the rest of the day looking at the photos and videos and then helping Tara with her business project.

It was 10 o'clock and Vihaan had not come home yet. I haven't eaten my dinner yet. I was sitting in our room listening to music when I saw the door opening I removed my earphones and looked at him.

I got up from the couch.
"Your back. Did you eat dinner?" I asked, keeping my earphones on the table.

"Yes, I had." He said smiling at me. As he walked crossing me I could smell something..... Something which I don't like. He smoked. I hate smoking. I couldn't even tolerate it. I have breathing problem.

Didn't Bhagat tell him about it? I thought his family didn't like smoking because I heard them give a lecture to Abhinav.

Though I was feeling damn hungry, I just went and slept. I thought of telling him to sleep on the bed because I felt guilty but now I couldn't because he smoked and I could still smell it.

So, I did what I thought. I took my earphones started playing songs and slept on the couch closing my eyes.

I woke up at 5 and saw that even he was awake. So I just shut my eyes and pretended to sleep. As soon as I heard the door close, I woke up and went to the balcony to do my routine. I was done with my routine.

I bathed and then got ready as fast as I can. Once I was done, I immediately went down. I started helping Mom with the breakfast and all of us sat down to eat breakfast. Vihaan too joined us, and he kept looking at me but I just ignored him.

"Maanvi, did you have dinner last night?" Mom asked looking at me.
"Mom I wasn't feeling hungry so I just slept." I told her and immediately focused back on my food.

I could feel Vihaan staring at me.
"Vihaan, what's wrong? Have your breakfast, you didn't even touch it." Dad said.
"Nothing Dad, I have a lot of work at the office. I was just thinking about it. I'll leave now." He said getting up.
"But you didn't even eat." Mom said.
"It's fine mom, I'll eat out." With that, he left.

Now I feel guilty. Tears started forming in my eyes, I tried to control my best, and then when I know I couldn't control I just excused myself and went to my room.

I started crying. I didn't know whom to call. So, I called Rishita.
"Hey."
"Hey, Maan. So tell me how is everything going?" She asked.
As soon as I heard her voice I started crying.
"Maan, what happened? Are you fine....... Maan tell something please." She asked getting tensed.
"Rishi.....I....I...I am feeling..... guilty......he didn't eat...... because.....of me......he......smokes.......can't...... tolerate......it." I tried telling her.

"Maan calm down. I am not understand anything. Let's meet ok. I'll tell him I have some emergency and I'll leave. Can you come to Glen's?" She asked.
"Okkk." I said and cut the call. I got ready and went to Glen's.

For the first time, I saw her waiting for me. As soon as she saw me she hugged me and started rubbing my back.

"Now tell me what happened." We sat and then I started telling her everything.
"Ok maan firstly you need to talk to him. Communication is important Maan. So, please try speaking to him tonight. Tell him how you feel and he'll definitely understand." She said giving me a faint smile.

We spoke for a few more minutes and then left.
I reached home and then went to help Mom with dinner.
"Mom I am not feeling hungry. I'll eat later." I said arranging the table and she nodded.

I went to my room and changed into my nightwear. I waited for him to come home. In the meanwhile, I started clicking photos.

I was about to send a snap and wondered whether or not I should send it to him. At last, I decided to send it to him as well.

 At last, I decided to send it to him as well

After 10 mins the door opened and I saw him.
"Had dinner?" I asked.
"Did you?" Ok, I understood where this was going now.
"Can we talk?" I asked not knowing his answer.
"Yeah, of course." He said and sat on the couch.
I got up from my place and went and sat opposite to him.
"About yesterday......"
"Ya about that I have a few questions so answer that first. Why did you sleep on the couch? And why didn't you tell me you didn't have dinner? I mean you could have told me you were waiting for me." He said interrupting me.

"I am so sorry for yesterday. You told me you ate so I didn't want to make it awkward and for the couch part, I thought of telling you to sleep on the bed..... With me because I know you are really uncomfortable sleeping on the couch but." I stopped not knowing how to continue.

He got up from his place and came and sat in front of me on the floor. "But what?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
"You smoked. I have a problem with smoking, I can't bear that smell it's suffocating and when I got to know you smoked I was shocked because Bhagat and Vivek stopped smoking because I was uncomfortable with it and I thought they told you about it." I said and tears started rolling down my cheeks.
He sat on his knees and came near. He wiped the tears falling from my eyes and held my face in his hand drawing circles on my cheeks.
"Look at me Maanvi, if you are uncomfortable with something just tell it. I can't read your mind, right? I know it'll be hard for me to quit smoking but I'll try my best. Now stop crying." He said wiping my cheeks.
"Did you eat?" He asked
I shook my head.

He got up and held my hand and took me to the dining area. He started serving for both of us.
"Eat now." He said smiling at me. I smiled at him and started eating.

Well I guess Rishita was right, I just had to speak to him.

......................................................................

Hey peeps ❤️,
How was this chapter? Hope you all liked it. To know what happens next stay tuned and vote ⭐.
Love,
Maya 🕊️

Instagram id - _itsmaya08_
Follow for updates and reels.