✧˖° | 02

Ah, yes. The welcome party. Such an insignificant event, really, but everyone made it a huge deal. And I knew I was going to meet Min Ho for the first time there, the Dami's son, so I had to dress up...

The party music blasted in my ears, so loud that I couldn't hear myself think. I wondered if I should've stayed in the dorm.

Walking in through the glass doors in my silver heels, I saw the inside of the place was decorated with extravagant balloons and signs. Blue and purple lights were cast across the whole space, making it seem surreal. There were rose covered wallpapers in the back to take pictures and lots of tables with pretty pink flowers in vases on top. People had fancy glasses to drink from and delicious-looking food to eat.

Huh. I thought, feeling slightly impressed.

"Hey," a guy said, shuffling up to me and winking. I bombastic side eyed him.

"Hi?" I replied. He looked at me up and down, admiring my dress and my hair, and scooted closer.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

I crossed my arms. "No. But could you by any chance direct me to Min Ho?"

He scowled. "You don't want to get mixed up with him."

Scoffing, I brushed past them and began asking around. Have you seen Min Ho? Do you know who Min Ho is?

If I asked girls, they would roll their eyes and say no. If I asked guys, they would glare at me and say no. I guess people had something against him... or was he so popular that everyone wanted him? All the girls did, meaning all the guys had girlfriends who did. Yikes. And this is the guy my mom sent me out to date?

"Does anyone know where Min Ho is?" I asked two tall boys. They turned around, exchanging contemplating looks. I gasped.

"You're the boy from the airport!"

The rude airport boy glared at me. "Did you really follow me all the way into KISS? Is that how much you want to be near me?"

"I go here, for your information." I snapped. "And I knew you spoke English!"

"In my defense, I didn't know you spoke Korean!"

The guy next to him started laughing. "Busted."

"Welcome to KISS." the rude boy snapped, taking another sip from his drink.

"Don't feel bad," the other guy told me. "He loves to pull this move on people. He did it to me the first time we met."

Suddenly, Kitty rushed up to us, too.

"Y/N, I need your help finding my boyfriend— is that the guy from the airport??" she shrieked.

I nodded. "He's still as much of a jackass as before."

"Damnnn." the other guy remarked. The airport boy nearly spit out his drink.

"Um, ouch! I'm a what?"

"Yeah, you're a—"

The other guy hushed us quickly. "Stop arguing, look at our boy Dae!"

The airport boy made a face. "Where did Dae get that suit?"

Kitty turned around in slo-mo, and it clicked immediately in my head. Yep. That's her boyfriend.

Confirming my theory, the three of us watched Kitty and Dae run up to each other and hug and he swung her off the ground and blah blah blah.

The other guy tapped my shoulder. I whipped around.

He pointed to the airport boy.

"You're looking for Min Ho, right? That's Min Ho."

I took a step back.

"You're Min Ho?"

"Why do you sound so surprised? Everyone knows who I am." Min Ho stated with disgust. I put my hands on my hips.

"Sorry I didn't recognize you; you just didn't quite meet my expectations. I thought you'd be handsomer... and nicer."

"Handsomer? I am very handsome. Why are you even judging, peasant?"

So he doesn't know who I am either. Well, that makes us even.

"Why can't I?"

"Well, I don't really care, and I have a date to find tonight." Min Ho sighed, giving the other boy his drink. "Make sure she doesn't follow me, Q. I know she's a sasaeng fan."

"Don't flatter yourself." I grumbled. Then, a smile played onto my lips. "Who's the unfortunate girl?"

He frowned. "Unfortunate? No, lucky. And none of your business."

"It actually is my business, since I'm Y/N Novoselsky, and my mom sent me here to meet you."

His eyes widened as he gaped at me.

"You? Eunha Novoselsky's daughter?"

I'd heard that sentence too many times.

"The one and only. You didn't know who I was either. That makes us even."

"I— uh— well, my date was actually going to be you, I just didn't know you were you—"

"Hard pass."

The guy named Q raised his eyebrows slightly. "Great. That's awkward."

"Wait, wait, wait, I can't believe you're Y/N." Min Ho interrupted.

"What's there not to believe?" I asked, gesturing to myself.

"Yeah, Min Ho, she's probably telling the truth. She's really hot." observed Q. I turned to him, shocked. He shook his head quickly.

"Oh don't worry, I'm gay."

"Oh! Well then, thanks." I responded happily to his compliment.

Min Ho sighed. "I hate this..." he extended his hand to me. "Sorry about earlier, I guess. I didn't know who you were. Can we just start over? I'm Min Ho."

Q whistled in surprise. "Wow, you must really want her if you're willing to say 'sorry' and 'can we start over' in the same sentence."

"My parents are forcing me to do this!" Min Ho hissed in his ear.

"Fine. I'm Y/N Novoselsky." I introduced, abruptly shaking his hand.

"Great." Min Ho said through gritted teeth.

"Great." I grumbled.

"I'm not dating you until you prove your worthiness to be with me."

I pulled my hand away, disgusted. "Who said I wanted to be with you?"

CLANG!

There were gasps and shouts all around us. I looked back to see Kitty knocking into a giant cupcake stand. I almost facepalmed.

"What is that girl doing?" asked Min Ho. I took one glance at Yuri's arm around Dae's and immediately knew what it was all about.

What a cheater! I exclaimed in my head. Who would ever deliberately hurt Kitty?

Just then, Min Ho put his hand on my waist and spun me around. I almost slapped him as his face came inches from mine. "I'll give you a free trial before you have to pay."

I pushed him away. "I'm canceling my subscription then. I don't want you, Min Ho."

"That's nonsense. Everyone wants me."

I had enough of the welcome party already. I knew it was a bad idea to go. I should've stayed in my room and binged My Little Pony.

"I'm not yours, calm down buddy."

His gaze traveled along my face, studying me. He almost looked surprised, as if he was seeing me for the first time and didn't realize what I looked like before.

"One day you will be."

"Will be what?"

"Mine."

meh

XO, Liv__ing