✧˖° | 11

Min Ho's POV

I couldn't believe what just happened.

I JUST RAN OUT! Why, Min Ho? Why are you doing this to yourself? Why are you so stupid?

The surprised, then crestfallen look on her face blurred and replayed in my mind like a mini movie. 

I can't believe I said all those things to her!

Another vision of her hand tilting my chin down intruded my mind. I let that particular memory sit and relish for a while, before pushing it out.

"Calm down," I told myself. I had Q's movie night to go to in an hour anyways. I'd explain on text to Y/N later. First, I had to rant to Q. He was famous in our friend group for his free therapy sessions.

When I got back to the dorm, he was waiting.

"Dude." He stated. "How come I made it back before you?"

"...Help, Q."

His expression changed immediately. His attitude switched back to serious professional mode.

"Is this a call for a therapy session?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded solemnly. He instantly patted for me to sit next to him on the couch. "I figured this was coming. Sit."

I did. He faced me with an evaluating expression on his face.

"Spill."

I sighed. "I don't know, and I'm not sure. There was a lot I wanted to say to her, but I just didn't know how to say it."

Q's eyes magnified two times. "Oh, dear god. You said something incriminating, didn't you?"

I groaned. "I hate that I did. I told her that she makes me feel different than anyone else and she said it's because I have daddy issues or something—"

Q stood up so fast I was propelled to the other side of the couch.

"Was that a coded confession?!" He demanded. I made a face.

"It depends on what type of confession you're talking about. I was only confessing that she made me feel a certain way. It could be annoyance, for all she knows. Sit down, man!"

Q didn't sit down. "What else did you tell her? Did you tell her how you think her eyes sparkle like twinkling stars? How you think her lips are rosy and delicate and you want to leave your mark on them? How you think she's perfect as she is and you're secretly delighted you're dating her, even if you won't admit it to yourself? Before you ask...

You talk in your sleep."

I gaped at him. "DUDE, WHAT?! YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME EARLIER!"

He grinned. "You stare at her a lot. I mean, a lot. I can always tell where and when you're staring. You stare at her eyes. You stare at her smile. You stare at her when she talks. You stare at her when she laughs. I've seen it. And when she laughs, you laugh, too."

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. "It's because she's funny! And... I know it sounds cheesy, but her smile really does light up the room. It's so terrible! I hate it!"

"Coming to terms with reality now, tantrum-thrower?"

"She makes me make such stupid, irrational, impulsive decisions, Q. I hate it, and I don't know what to do."

"Impulsive decisions?" He repeated skeptically. "Like what?"

"...calling the teachers on Ray's party."

"YOU DID THAT?! You got everyone in trouble?"

"Y/N knows, too."

Q bit his nails nervously. "Oh, ok. No biggie. We can work around that."

"What do I do, Q? What is happening?"

"Well, your symptoms aren't hard to analyze. She makes you crazy. You're thinking about it the wrong way. That's love. You're crazy with love."

I sat there, stunned. "Love? You must be kidding, Q. It's been like a month."

"Don't deny it. Maybe not love, but you still like her."

"Q, what we have is an arranged relationship. Our parents got us together! So... even if I was interested, Y/N wouldn't be."

"She could be in love with you too."

"She hates me! And for some reason, around her, my love language is acting!" I exclaimed, burrowing my face into my hands.

There was a long pause before Q spoke again.

"For you, Y/N is the sun, and when the sun comes out, the stars disappear."

I glanced up as I thought over his words.

"Do you really think I like her?"

Q smiled. "It's funny how you're asking me. A lot of people like you, Min Ho. But still, Y/N's the only one you're considering. Because out of all those people, you've chosen her."

"But is it mutual?"

He shrugged, looking as calculating as ever. "We'll see. I don't have the answers to everything, you know."

I groaned and leaned back. "And I can't believe she's got me all caught up in... her already."

Q clicked his tongue. "The rizz is too good."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Ok," I said slowly. "So how do I get her to see our relationship is more than fake?"

"You mean, really fake?"

"No! That it's real!"

"The direct way to do that is confession. The indirect way is hints, small steps, and events unfolded one at a time. But you've got to be careful and control the path you're on, or else it won't work at all."

"Dude, how do you even know all this stuff?"

Q sighed. "I'm hanging around Kitty too much."

"Most girls I meet fall in love with me. Why is getting with this girl harder than my chemistry class?"

"Maybe because you're lacking it. I know you and Y/N have tension from all this fake dating stuff, but you're not really working to get it together."

"Wait!" a light bulb popped into my head. "You're good friends with her."

"Yes." Q answered slowly.

"You two hang out a lot."

"Yes." he repeated.

"You!"

"Yes, me, where is this going?"

"Tell her nice things about me! Tell her that I'm... rich and handsome and humble or something."

Q frowned. "Humble's a little far."

"You know what I mean, Q!"

"She's rich too. It doesn't matter to her. She thinks you're cocky and self-absorbed."

I gestured to myself obviously. "Maybe, but that's not all there is. Has she even seen the other side of me?"

"No. You've got to show her you're more than just your looks and being born into fame."

"Please...?"

He sighed dramatically. "Alright. Fine. I'll help. I'll get a good word in for you."

I started to feel relief. "Thanks, Q."

"Don't mention it."

For a moment, I let myself relax and think about what it meant if we were really together. And not just dating, because it was fake. Really together.

I suppressed the happy grin spreading over my face. "Maybe after this our fake relationship will be... well, not so fake."

a/n ~ happy 20k reads!

(it's time to remind you guys of something and spoiler alert it rhymes with boat)

⋆˙⟡♡

XO, Liv__ing