✧˖° | 18

It was time to get ready for Min Ho's Madness party.

To make it fair, it was my idea at first, but then Kitty was the one who dragged me into it.

We walked into that venue knowing damn well we were the two hottest people there. Kitty looked great, just very emo. I put on the exact opposite color to her: white. I wore a white satin mini dress with lace lining the top and long, matching gloves. I thought they were a nice touch.

"We look good," I whispered in Kitty's ear.

She groaned. "I can't be standing next to you. It makes me look bad."

I laughed as we walked through the doors. Instantly, heads were turned. Eyes were glued on us. People whispered behind their hands. I heard "Min Ho's girlfriend" and "I thought she wasn't coming." I just strolled past them, Kitty at my heels, and didn't spare them a second glance.

"I'm going to find Q and Florian," she said. I nodded and followed her. The music was blasting in my ears, and the whole place was dark yet alight with vibrant colored lights flashing around.

"Woww, you two look stunning!" Florian complimented us instantly.

"Drop dead gorgeous." Q agreed.

"Thanks!" Kitty exclaimed. "We're... well, you know."

"Putting on a show?" Florian mused. I smiled.

"You know it. Kitty's here to find someone to kiss because she's mad about how ungrateful Dae is. I'm just here to tease Min Ho... I mean, it's his party, but I'm mad at him."

"You could bag anyone at this party. Everyone's going to lose their mind when they see you." Florian encouraged. I grinned, knowing he was right.

We three watched Kitty make some questionable choices in 'boy shopping,' as Florian called it.

"Hey, Kitty, you look amazing—" Dae began, but we left instantly.

"Try apologizing first next time." I grumbled to him. Keep in mind I still thought he was an ungrateful rat who actually received Kitty's necklace.

"Sorry," Q whispered. Dae just stood, stunned, as we walked away.

I spotted Ray sitting at the bar talking with a group of girls and decided to approach him. I didn't want to end up on bad terms with such an important figure in the school.

If you've forgotten who Ray is, which I feel like you did, he's that one guy I used to make Min Ho jealous because they were social rivals. Ray had more status in the school, but Min Ho was more famous in general. (check the casting chapter he's at the very end) I was planning to do it again.

"Ray." I addressed him curtly. He immediately looked up and gave me an endearing smile.

"Ladies, please excuse us." he told the girls surrounding him. All of them got up, shot me an unpleasant look, and walked away.

I sighed and took a seat next to him. "Hi, Ray."

"So we're no longer ignoring each other?" he asked with raised eyebrows, "Or are you just ignoring Min Ho and that's why you've come to talk to me?"

"The second one," I said without shame. He grinned.

"That's funny. I thought Min Ho would've learned by now to keep his girl. Especially when everyone wants her, and she happens to be the daughter of a world-famous celebrity."

"Yeah, I'm just gonna forget that you almost beat him up, because that was also funny."

"You two are officially dating now, then?"

"Yes and no. I can't stand him sometimes; he's got the emotional maturity of a five-year-old."

"Let me guess. You want him to see us together and get jealous because you're mad at him for meeting up with Lulu last night."

I gave him a very peculiar look. "Does everyone know about that?"

"When you have connections, rumors spread easily," he explained. "People claim they saw you arguing with both of them, but I didn't think it was true until you just confirmed it."

I looked over his shoulder to see Florian very secretly taking out a metallic flask and pouring the alcohol into his, Q, and Kitty's drinks.

I saw Kitty pulling out her phone behind him, and something in my gut told me it was bad news.

Quickly excusing myself, I shoved past him and snatched her phone from her grasp. 

"Woah, woah, Kitty!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing?"

"Calling Alex and telling him the truth," she answered, her words slurring.

"Um yeah, no. I'm confiscating this for the night." I shook the phone in her face and put in my bag.

"Nooo, I have to apologize to Alex."

"Well if you do, you're going to have to apologize to me later for ruining my night. Let's get you settled."

She blinked slowly at me. "Where?"

"Q!" I yelled, gesturing him over. "Can you dance with Kitty and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid?"

"Definitely," Q called back. He and Florian grabbed her and dragged her away before she could cause any harm.

Swearing to myself, I went back to Ray.

"I'm bored," I told him immediately. I wasn't hinting at anything, just telling him the flat truth.

"My friend gave me an invitation to a nightclub," he said in a hushed voice. "I could give you the special invite so you can get in and have a good time."

The idea was intriguing, but unfortunately, I was only 16. "I'm not 19. I'm not the legal drinking age yet," I protested. He grinned.

"That's not a problem. My invitation only requires 16 and older." He pulled a letter out of his pocket. "I was actually planning to go tonight to ditch this place but seeing the situation you're in... I think you'd enjoy it."

He gestured towards the gaggle of girls blushing and staring at him. He was perfectly content with staying, while I was bored and in need of an escape. Maybe some place with alcohol.

"Okay." I finally agreed, taking the letter from his hands. "And this'll get me in?"

"It's right across the block," he answered with a nod. "The address is on the back. Tell me how it goes; I've heard a lot of things about how fun that nightclub is."

"Alright. Thanks." This should be fun.

Quietly, I snuck out of the party venue and followed Ray's instructions to the nightclub, which was surprisingly close. Like he promised, the invitation got me in smoothly.

The moment I entered, blasting music and lights hit all my senses. Everyone seemed to be dancing and having a good time. There was a bar in the corner serving drinks. I headed there first.

"A margarita, please." I told the bartender. When I was handed my drink, I chugged and it in one breath and asked for another, paying as I went.

The place was loud and rather overwhelming, but I didn't mind. At least I didn't know anyone, meaning I wasn't being judged. I doubted I was famous enough to be recognized anyways.

I squinted when I thought I saw someone I recognized in the crowd. When people parted and stopped blocking my view, I realized I was watching Min Ho dance in the center of the floor, downing glasses upon glasses of drinks.

He left his own party? Well, that makes sense. I didn't see him the whole time. Actually, no it doesn't. 

WAIT, HE LEFT HIS OWN PARTY?!

a/n ~ the mistletoe isn't the only thing that's barely hanging on this christmas

XO, Liv__ing