✧˖° | 19

"Min Ho." I drawled out his name, so he knew it was me. Instantly, he whipped around.

He was clearly shocked. His eyes slowly looked me up and down and up and down again in awe.

"My eyes are up here," I said jokingly. To my surprise, his own eyes widened, like I said something illegal.

He blinked a few times before replying. "Heyy, Y/N."

He was definitely tipsy.

Immediately, I took his silence as a chance. "Why are you here? Never mind that. I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I was just angry for no reason, and I should've listened to you when you tried to explain the situation."

He blinked very fast a couple more times before nodding slowly, like I was hypnotizing him, and it was working.

"Yeahhh. Yeah, yeah. That was stressful. But it's fineee."

"Okay then— are you drunk?"

"NoOooO."

"Oh, my god. Yes, you are."

He giggled and tapped my nose playfully. "You're delusional."

Trust me, I know.

"We're experiencing shared hallucinations then, boo." I snapped. "You know you're drunk."

"I never said I wasn'ttt!" His voice was smooth, but he looked a little unsteady.

"Come on. Let's go. You can't be caught in public like this." I grabbed his hand and brought him to a corner. He stumbled after me, most definitely drunk.

I turned around to face him, but it seemed his legs weren't cooperating because—

BAM! He slammed right into me.

And we were in a corner.

In a nightclub.

He clearly realized this too, but he faced me again with a sloppy grin.

"Are we gonna kiss now?"

"You can kiss the wall, Min Ho." I retorted, slipping out of his arms. "I'm leaving."

"Wait, I'm coming toooo!"

"Good." That was my plan.

He followed me tipsily as I left the nightclub.

"What are you doing?" he asked as I pulled out my phone, his words still slurring.

"Calling us a Kakao," I muttered.

"Great, we can kiss in the taxi." he commented with a smirk. He was bold when he was drunk.

"I'm not sure if I love or hate drunk Min Ho." I interjected, offering my shoulder to him. When our taxi came, I forced him to get in first.

"Waiit, ladies first." he whined.

I shoved him down. "Just get in the car!"

He continued to whine as I lowered him in. "Watch your head, imbecile." I grumbled.

"Again, with the progressively shady nicknames." he complained.

"I find them funny." I turned to the driver. "To the Korean Independent School of Seoul, please."

"You're so responsible." he mumbled. I sighed and leaned back against the cold leather seat.

"It's because I only had like two margaritas."

"Oh, I had like seven."

"Seven?" I couldn't help but laugh. "You really left your own party for seven margaritas and a nightclub?"

"Yeah, well I was just angry, and I have a special pass in there where I don't have to pay for drinks. Like come on, I have to use that." his words were still slurring. "I saw you walk into my party and thought, 'sike I can't do this' and dipped."

"You left because I was there?"

"Yeah." he grinned, staring into space. "Seems pretty stupid now, huh?"

I looked over at him in positive wonder at how stupid he could be. "Extremely."

He left his own party because I went?

"I just didn't want to face you," he admitted. I watched his eyelids flutter and close and open like he was trying to stay awake. Thankfully, our taxi soon dropped us off at KISS, and I helped him out.

We somehow made it up flights of stairs and to his dorm room (with difficulty), where I set him down in his bed.

"The prettyboy is drunk and needs someone to tuck him in." I taunted. He smiled with his eyes closed.

"Now we're even."

Yes, we are. I hadn't forgotten that he'd gotten me out of trouble the last time we were at a party. The leaked photos were what started the dating rumors in the first place.

Gently, I took his green blazer off his body and set it aside.

"Can you unbutton your shirt yourself?" I asked.

He grinned. "No."

I scoffed. "That's so stupid. I'm not doing it for you."

"But I can't sleep like this."

I bit my tongue so I wouldn't start hopelessly arguing with a drunk Min Ho. Slowly, I loosened his shirt, one button at a time, focusing on anything but him.

The ceiling looks rather nice today. The walls look very wall-like. The floor is very wood-y.

After I helped him take it off, I closed the lights, hoping he couldn't see me blushing furiously. "I hate you, go to sleep, and please don't wake up." I grumbled.

"Sweet dreams to you too, love." he murmured back. I stiffened for a moment before shutting the door and letting him be.

He's drunk. You can't believe anything a drunk person says. And Min Ho's always drunk, even without alcohol.

My mother's voice rang in my head.

"Drunk words are sober thoughts."

How long did I have to put up with our weird relationship flirting?

With a sigh, I reached into my bag and realized Kitty's phone was still there.

Oh. I'll have to give it to her tomorrow.

Her lock screen was a picture of her family from at least ten years ago. I knew that because her mom was in it.

I smiled to myself when I saw toddler Kitty grinning back at me.

Speaking of that, I should check up with my parents... and see if my dad has answered my emails yet.

When I got back to my dorm, I put Kitty's phone on her desk and opened my laptop. It turns out my dad had emailed me back that very morning.

Hey Y/N,

I'm sorry we couldn't spend Chuseok together. I'll think about when we can meet up.

Talk soon, Dad

It was obvious he just didn't want to see me. I was a reminder of his life before moving to Korea, and I was a reminder of my mom and their almost nonexistent marriage. Love that for me.

It's whatever. I don't need him anyways.

I thought about the fact that I had a boyfriend and actual friends and a supportive environment and knew it was true.

I can take care of myself. 

a/n ~ sorry lol i forgot she had a dad

i'm thinking of making a book with my poems.

follow, vote, pls ive said it like a thousand times now⋆˙⟡♡

XO, Liv__ing