✧˖° | 17

Min Ho's POV

It was early in the morning. I yawned and got up to get ready. It was an important day for my career: the day of my Madness party.

I'm not proud of what happened next.

"Good morning, sasaeng," I said.

Y/N was in the dorm kitchen eating breakfast. For some reason, I didn't think to question why she was there.

"Good morning, rat," she replied. I grinned.

"You can't still be mad."

She turned around, and her gaze traveled slowly down my body. I forgot to mention a little detail: I was shirtless.

"My eyes are up here." I informed her with a smirk. She locked her stare with mine again.

"Why would I be mad?"

"About our misunderstanding regarding Lulu last night," I reminded, feeling good about myself. Was she so caught up in me that she forgot?

She seemed to realize what I was thinking, because she made a disgusted face and looked away. "Babe, don't flatter yourself. You're one sandwich away from being built like a turkey."

Obviously, I was aghast. But then again, she liked to bully me a lot. Was it weird that I found that attractive?

I walked up to her slowly, not even thinking about what I was doing. I slipped the spoon out of her delicate fingers and set it on the table with a clack. She looked at me like I had two heads. "I'm eating cereal. Does personal space mean nothing to you?"

I bent down and used my hand to tilt her chin up so our noses were inches apart.

"You look angelic in the morning."

She grumbled something I didn't hear but didn't break the contact.

I angled her head slightly to admire her features. "You're my girlfriend," I stated.

She rolled her eyes but let me cup her chin in my hand. "Ugh, don't remind me."

I smiled. She was grumpy in the morning.

Q's voice drifted back into my head.

"For you, Y/N is the sun, and when the sun comes out, the stars disappear."

(if you don't know that line watch the summer i turned pretty now)

I hoped that I was the "sun" for her. It reminded me of that book trope, Grumpy x Sunshine (I did my homework after she forced me to read books with her favorite tropes).

Almost in a dreamlike state, I pulled her off the chair. "It's nice to call you my girlfriend, even if it's fake." I confessed.

She just stared at me. I could hear a whimsical symphony playing in the background. I took a step closer to her, with my hands behind my back. She took a step back. I took another step closer, leaning more forward every time. She took a step back, and—

There was a thump. The moment her back hit the wall, I put my arms on either side of her head to pin her there.

She looked surprised for a moment, before she put her arms around my neck. Without warning, I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer.

"Lift your hips for me, love."

She did as I instructed and hoisted herself onto my body. She'd jumped onto me, and her gaze was flicking between my eyes and my lips, something I'd never dreamt of happening.

Well, it turns out I did. Because it was just that.

A dream.

"AHHHH!" I woke up in a cold sweat. My senses instantly snapped alert.

My room was dark.

It hadn't been real.

Sighing, I collapsed back onto my bed.

I hate myself.

How was I supposed to deal with her going to my Madness party if I was the one going mad over her?

I've officially gone mad.

see what i did there

Fake dating had the word 'fake' in front of it for a reason. Oh, well; it was a good thing other people couldn't see your dreams.

Q burst open my room door.

"DUDE, it's 6 in the morning. Why are you screaming?!"

"Nothing." I answered with a nervous smile. "I'm just excited for my Madness party."

He sighed and left me alone. "Save it for the dance floor."

When he was gone, I leaned my head back to rest on the bedframe and contemplated my choices.

My best bet is to hope that she doesn't show up. We don't need to cause a scene at the biggest party of the year: my party.

Y/N's POV

I had no idea what to do with Min Ho.

Do I fire him? Technically being a boyfriend was a job, and it felt good knowing I could fire him.

But maybe he doesn't deserve that. After all, he met up with Lulu to tell her he was taken.

OR he's a liar.

But I called him a rat twice, so maybe I should apologize.

I thought back to my mother's motto. "Life sucks. That's it." So inspiring. I was really feeling it.

"I should just not go to Min Ho's Madness party." I complained to Kitty. Kitty gasped, as if she was extremely offended.

"Absolutely not! I will not let you do that. That's your boyfriend's biggest party of the year—"

"—my fake boyfriend—"

"—and your chance to show the world how much of a power couple you guys are. Come on, Y/N."

"No— wait, Kitty, are you going?"

"What? No! Dae's definitely going to be there."

"Really? He usually doesn't go to these things."

"He'll be there this time. Q said Min Ho convinced him."

A smirk grew on my face. "Good."

"What?! No, not good!" Kitty shrieked. I crossed my arms.

"Well, I'm not going without you. And it's good Dae's going. You can dress pretty and doll yourself up and show him what he's missing out on. I mean, it's pretty obvious he's only with Yuri because he's broke, and her mom owns the school so as long as they're dating his tuition gets paid but—"

"WHAT?!"

"Oh, dear," I said lazily, "I've said too much."

"Do you really think that's what's happening, Y/N?! Y/N!"

"Um, yes? His dad is Yuri's driver. Babe, use your head. I'm losing braincells being in your proximity."

I could see a determined light shining brighter in Kitty's eyes. "You're right."

"I know, I'm always right."

"We're going to that party!" 

a/n ~ just delusion no solution

XO, Liv__ing