✧˖° | 32

a/n ~ last chapter! this one's long and i spent a lot of time on it. have fun <3

Sitting in the principal's office wasn't exactly how I pictured my last memory at KISS to be.

Principal Lim was sitting at her desk across from two old men who I assumed were part of the school board, talking too quietly for me to hear.

I raised my hand. "Um. Hi."

All three of their heads turned in my direction. The room went silent. I tried my best to smile.

"I— I'm not sure why I'm here. Did I do something wrong? Could someone explain to me what's going on?"

"I'm sorry this is taking so long. Give us a moment to discuss the fate of your education, Y/N." Principal Lim answered.

"With all due respect," I told her, annoyed, "that's a little dramatic. I passed my finals. Just like any other average KISS student. Why am I here?"

One of the school board members leaned forward and whispered something accusing into Principal Lim's ear.

She got up uneasily, her heels clicking on the ground as she stood in front of me.

"Y/N, are you aware that you were taken off the school's enrollment list a month ago?"

I stood up instantly to face her. "What? I— why? You know, I don't think my father would approve very much of this kind of rash and irresponsible decision from a prestigious school like KISS. My father will hear about this (ferret boy)." I tried to sound as intimidating as possible.

"...Y/N, this is about your father."

Confused, I sat back down. She continued on.

"I'm not sure you know this, but your father has a very well-respected reputation here at this school. He was one of the first foreign students to attend. He helps fund for some of our school resources. Was this in your knowledge?"

"Uh... to an extent."

"How do you think that impacts you?"

"Why are you the one asking questions here? This feels like a therapy session..."

"Does your father know if you enjoy your time here or not?"

"Principal, I strongly feel like I'm being interrogated—"

"I know this might be confusing for you. It is for all of us. But last month, he requested for you to be taken out of the KISS program. And because he's such an important figure, the council did as they were told without question. I only heard about it today, just like you."

I was in a state of disbelief. "But... but why?" I had a lot of questions, and they all started with that one word.

"You're an excellent student." Principal Lim really piled it on. "You're loved by the media, teachers, and your peers. That's what I'm wondering, too. I was hoping you knew."

"I don't know." I really didn't know.

Bzzz! I scrambled for my phone in my pocket. When I read the notification, I let out a deep sigh. It was from the group chat.