✧˖° | 31

BAM!

One moment, we were staring into each others eyes, perhaps about to kiss...

And the next moment, Dae ripped my man away and had him pinned to the wall. Anger, disgust, and betrayal was clear on his face.

"WOAH!" I yelled, taking a step back. "If you want him that bad, get in line!"

"Dae, stop! Wait!"

Kitty's voice turned my head. I watched her run down off the stage and towards us.

"너 자신을 내 친구라고 불러?" You call yourself my friend? Dae interrogated Min Ho, pushing him harder up against the wall.

"무슨 말을 하는 거야?" What are you talking about?

"모른 척 하지마!" Don't pretend like you don't know!

"뭐하세요? 가자." What are you doing? Let go.

Sensing some form of miscommunication, I immediately slapped Dae away, causing him to stumble backwards a few steps, and hold his cheek in horror as he stared at me.

"무슨 일이야?" What's gotten into you? I snapped.

"너 화나지 않니? 그는 당신도 배신하고 있습니다!" Aren't you mad? He's betraying you too! He exclaimed at me. "And what was that for?!"

"Dae, stop! It's not Min Ho! This has nothing to do with him!" Kitty shrieked, out of breath and scared.

Min Ho glared him down. Dae's eyes flitted back to Kitty.

"Calm down, what's going on?" I demanded. I was getting Ray flashbacks.

"Not now, Y/N!" He answered.

"'Not now?' Not now? You just pushed Min Ho against the wall! Explain yourself; it's the least you could do!"

Min Ho looked down at his jacket, and promptly brushed it off twice. He looked back up and glared at Dae with disdain.

Dae blinked away his sudden rage. "슬픈. 둘이 생각했어..." Sorry. I thought you two... He faced me with a pleading expression. "I'm sorry, Y/N, I thought he was hurting you too—"

"그리고 둘이 펜팔로 지내는 게 더 나았던 것 같아요! 깊은 곳에서 그녀도 그렇게 생각할 것입니다." And I think you two were better off as pen pals! Deep down, she probably thinks so too. Min Ho replied. He purposely slammed into Dae's shoulder as he walked away.

When it was just the three of us left, they both stared at me expectantly.

"OH!" I realized. "Right, okay, sorry. Privacy. Got it."

Not very smoothly, I backed away out of the auditorium to give them some time.

"...shoving me... broke people should never laugh... how could he..." I heard him muttering in the hallway.

"I didn't know he was that mad at you." I protested. Min Ho jumped in surprise before realizing it was me.

"Oh. It's just you."

"Don't sound so disappointed."

"Ugh! I mean, what was Dae thinking?"

"I have a hunch."

He stopped and stared at me.

"What is it?"

"Kitty has... how do I explain this... feelings for someone else. I'm guessing she told Dae. And I'm guessing he thought... well, he thought it was you."